This guy is happy happy happy!!!

Rubbin-N-Grubbin

Today I became the proud owner of a MAK 1 Star #577. I felt like a super excited little kid on Christmas mourning. I picked up 10 bags of lumberjack MHC while I was there since that was the only place in Kansas I can find them locally so that should get me started. Now I just need the weather to cooperate and warm up a little. Got my Boulevard Chocolate Ale yesterday too so it's been a very good weekend for me thus far :). I'm really looking forward to learning how to use the MAK and make people smile with great BBQ:)

hank858SD

Happy for you :) Congratz on the purchase and welcome to the MAK family and this forum. You will gain a plethora of knowledge in this forum. Research and ask questions as the folks here are very helpful.

Post pictures of your cooks. You're gonna love the MAK

Rubbin-N-Grubbin

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I couldn't be more excited to get my feet wet with MAK. This is my first pellet grill and after 8 long months of "patiently" waiting and researching, I feel 110% sure I chose the right grill for me. Thank you so much for all the helpful information from this site...this was a lot of $$ to let go of but I feel like the MAK is beyond well worth every penny and I know it will give me many years of enjoyment :)

TentHunter

Rubbin-N-Grubbin said:
This is my first pellet grill and after 8 long months of "patiently" waiting and researching, I feel 110% sure I chose the right grill for me.

I can totally relate. We spent just about a year looking, researching, questioning before we got our MAK 1 star, and I have been nothing but thrilled with it ever since!

killerq

looking to buy a onestart and called BP...I ask about if there is a full flame zone for the one star and was told no its only for have of the grill space. Is this true? i thought i saw a thread where the one star would have a full flame zone.

MAK DADDY

looking to buy a onestart and called BP...I ask about if there is a full flame zone for the one star and was told no its only for have of the grill space. Is this true? i thought i saw a thread where the one star would have a full flame zone.

The MAK Flame Zone Kit for the 1 Star is an optional accessory it isn't part of the standard configuration.
Yes it is the entire grill surface with 2 covers that can be removed to expose part or all of the Flame Zone.

TentHunter

Here's a pic of the 1 Star FlameZone in action. You can see that except for a channel around the perimeter for grease drainage, it does cover the entire grill surface.
MAK1SEAR.JPG

Top Bottom