This is why I love....

Moomtaz

This is why I love my Yoder YS640. Its the size and versatility. This weekend I used "Big Bertha" in her first competition. Plenty of room on her for all the meat. At one time I had a 14 pound brisket packer, three bone in butts and three racks of spares. Great smoke, consistent temps, and plenty o' room as you can see.

f0b32c3afe1fdf9961f4b938ace26fa6.jpg

I probably could have put a couple more racks or butts on there...the results:

765a9a4ad3bdab65cf478e6f7d64be95.jpg

e9cce27261e874f8ed87c1cd050e062f.jpg

11a23fd1146e8e3f88f118f47e633164.jpg

Then yesterday I decided to cook a few thin cut sirloins to make steak sandwiches. Put on the grillgrates and Turned her up to 450...20 minutes later I had a great Sammy with little effort.

8a50bb5d3c3227941e7ce48e02c82517.jpg

8d2e4ab2ba963589de521a75cc10d5b2.jpg

ed46fcb7b0e31ef2cd430195471d8eff.jpg

What other device (or pellet smokers in general) could you cook so much or so little and still be perfect for the job!!! Pellet smokers are awesome. Their ease and versatility is unmatched.

sparky

damn, your a he!! of a chef. your comp boxes look nice. your yoder is packed. how'd ya do in the comp? i wouldn't mind one of your sandwiches. plz. w/ milk also.

Chili Head

The comp boxes look nice!
That's a load of meat in the yoder too. I didn't realize they sported that much room inside.

Yeah I agree..hard to beat a pellet cooker!

muebe

Yes I sure do love my Pellet Smoker!

Steak sandwich looks awesome!!!

And your turn in boxes look great too ;)

Moomtaz

damn, your a he!! of a chef. your comp boxes look nice. your yoder is packed. how'd ya do in the comp? i wouldn't mind one of your sandwiches. plz. w/ milk also.

Ended up about middle of the pack, but for some reason it seemed a lot easier (insert head scratch here)...oh yea, that's probably because I wasn't worried about filling my water pan or making sure there was enough charcoal or getting my vents just right or staying up all night because the grate temp may fluctuate 75 degrees for no reason....it was a lot less stressful and allowed us to concentrate on the meat instead of the fire. Never again, I say.

Two funny things did happen:

1. I did have one guy ask me if it was cheating to use a pellet smoker. I responded by reminding him that KCBS doesn't allow us to dig a pit and BBQ old school style, otherwise I would be doing it the traditional method. Also asked him if he asked everyone with a BBQ Guru the same question, that kinda put it in perspective for him....

2. A couple people affiliated with the contest came by selling raffle tickets. They asked me if I would like a chance to win the prize, which was a pallet full of charcoal. I simply said nothing, turned my head, and looked at my pellet smoker. They saw it and said "never mind", chuckled and moved on to the next team....

Moomtaz

That's a load of meat in the yoder too. I didn't realize they sported that much room inside.

Yep, 1070 total square inches is a lot of space...

I'm envious of some of the features of the MAKs I see on here, like the pellet boss and smoking drawer. They are great for home use but I don't think I could do a comp on them because of the limited space. Unless I went with a 4 star!! Maybe that would be my next purchase. Side note: Do they even make a 3 star? Haven't seen one mentioned anywhere.

squirtthecat

Charcoal? What's charcoal? ;);)

I was surprised to see only 2 Traeger 075s at the Springfield Blues & BBQ comp last weekend.. Lots of drum smokers and Backwoods.

Next year will be different. :cool:

ajstrider

That is an incredible smoke ring on the brisket. Do you use anything like the Amazing Smoker or Tube Smoker to help get such a smoke ring?

Top Bottom