This one is for Kristen

squirtthecat

Got a little care package from Kristen and the warehouse gang.. (Hasty Bake goofed up part my order, but she took care of it Toot Sweet!)

IMGP2287.JPG

So let's put it to work, shall we?

2 butts out of the freezer, some Mango Hab Rib Candy, and a dusting of Head Country.

IMGP2293.JPG

Running low on turkey lunchmeat, so let's do this as well.

IMGP2295.JPG

In we go. Running hot & fast at 275°.

IMGP2298.JPG

(note to self, clean camera lens)

Katy is up in the watch tower.

IMGP2300.JPG

We'll check back in a few hours and see how the turkey is coming along...

squirtthecat

Turkey came off around 1:20. Resting in FTC, then chill in the fridge before slicing tomorrow.

IMGP2307.JPG

4PM check on the butts. Powering through the stall now.

IMGP2315.JPG

I had dropped the temp to 250°, but I'm going to bump it back to 275° while I run to the store for buns, slaw, etc..

squirtthecat

hey squirt nice of you to give k the props!

Thanks Sterling. It wasn't necessary to send me a box of goodies and a hand written apology, but I do appreciate it. I got no less than 2 PMs and a direct email from Kristen that she had straightened the entire thing out. She's a keeper. ;)

squirtthecat

Done and Done! (and smashed unceremoniously into a single pan)

IMGP2320.JPG

Wrapped tight and resting in my Cambro for a bit, and then I'll pull it for a late dinner.. (actually, quite a few dinners, and lunches, and diners..)

The little bits that stuck to the grates are mighty tasty! Just a mild heat after 8 hours in the smoker.

Tatonka3A2

I really need to do one of those turkey cooks. Every time it looks so good. Do you use an electric slicer for those or do it by hand because of the bone in there?

Top Bottom