This weeks contest (2-10) Rip is the judge!

Rip

Another great week! Thanks to all who shared their cooks.

Judge’s comments:

Squirtthecat – Beer, Wine, Meat and Smoke

That’s some great looking Italian Beef! The Turkey and roasted Piquillo meatloaf looked great too!

Deb – Country Style Ribs (sparky inspired)

Those ribs looked fantastic! I’m betting the carrots were pretty tasty too.

Deb – Roasted Garlic Sourdough Sammies

Oh yeah! I want one of those (ok, two)!

Sparky – Sweets for my Sweetie & daughter

Expresso, cigars, and oh yeah, a little concert renactment for the neighbors! The rolls look great and I’ve always been a sucker for champagne in the morning.

Sparky – Breakfast at Sparky’s

You exercised the griddle, searing grate, and warmer…it’s a MAK trifecta! What, more champagne? Great Breakfast, I’m ready to be adopted.

Sparky – Last cook of the weekend for my wife

It’s not a contest until Sparky posts ribs. Peach preserves huh…I have to say, those look mighty tasty...mesmerizing even...my face almost hit the screen.

CarterQ – Salmon Sandwiches

No epic cook he says….Carter, a lot of love in those; bacon, homemade spread, toasted buns, smoked salmon, (not to mention the balsamic pasta salad)!

jimbo - D'Artagnan Heritage Berkshire Breed Frenched Pork Racks

Simply put, these look great! The beans, snap peas, cole slaw, great cook. I thought about DQ’ing you for using ingredients not available to us commoners…but a guy’s gotta use all the tools available, right?

ht01us – BBQ Short ribs

Great cook Howard! No trepidation needed here. I look forward to your continued participation.

TentHunter – BBQ Kielbasa & Beans

Humble is good. Smoke kielbasa sounds wonderful. Looks great Cliff!

---------------------------------------------------
Now for the hard part…(30 minutes later), aarrrgh, this is much harder than I thought!

3rd place – Sparky - Last cook of the weekend for my wife

2nd place – jimbo - D'Artagnan Heritage Berkshire Breed Frenched Pork Racks

1st place – CarterQ – Salmon Sandwiches

Whew! I have a headache. All the entries were great, picking a top three was agonizing...a great job by all of you!

Here’s a refresher on this weeks prizes:

First - A bottle of Plowboys Yard Bird, Bovine Bold and The Jerk and as a special bonus Todd from Plowboys is throwing in a 10 year anniversary Plowboys t Shirt!
Second - 15 Bucks to Big Poppas
Third - Big Poppa Smokers T Shirt

Deb

Congrats to CarterQ, Jimbo & Sparky but there wasn't an entry that I wouldn't eat.

Judge’s comments:

---------------------------------------------------
Now for the hard part…(30 minutes later), aarrrgh, this is much harder than I thought!

Whew! I have a headache. All the entries were great, picking a top three was agonizing...a great job by all of you!

rip - he he -- 30 minutes is good - I'm glad I haven't won lately - my husband always laughs at me because I make a list on a note pad and then agonize the decision

TentHunter

Another great week!

Squirt, your Italian beef had my mouth watering; that's now on on my list :cool:.

You know, for about two months now I've been looking at the full rack of pork loins at the butcher; after seeing Jimbo's rack I think I'm going to have to jump in.

Deb, all that succulent pork on the homemade Roasted Garlic Sourdough Rolls...

Oh sorry, I got caught up in a wonderful vision of me sitting at Debs dinner table again. :)

Rip

Ditto everything Tent just said! Nothing but great entries...the thirty minutes was just for the top three, spent 45 prior to that drooling over the entries and typing up comments. Now it's CarterQ's turn in the hot seat. :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
My only hope is that everyone that enters keeps up the right spirit and doesnt get discouraged if they dont win...its about forcing all of us to stretch out....I really get my moneys worth just seeing what is possible with our cooking style. Rip thanks. Carter Batter up!

CarterQ

Thanks everyone! Another killer week of cooks, everything looked amazing as usual. If there was one dinner I would have loved to crash it would have been Squirts, that Italian beef looked great. Like BP said keep trying, it is fun to see all the different things these cookers can do. Good luck to everyone this week and make me work!

TentHunter

My only hope is that everyone that enters keeps up the right spirit and doesnt get discouraged if they dont win...its about forcing all of us to stretch out....

I love that this contest makes me stretch my ability, creativity, (ok... and my waistline - lol).

Thanks again Rip & BP.

Top Bottom