Traeger Auger Jam

ITFD#15

Little help here please.
Got my first and hopefully last auger jam and not just sure how to fix this.
I use a Traeger 075

Big Poppa

Administrator
I edited your title to include the brand of your cooker and moved the post out of the weekly comp thread. I cant help with the jam....just a note please try to place your posts in the right spot you will get more responses and people wont think that you entered a auger jam in the contest! ahahahah Hope someone comes to the rescue!

HoDeDo

You have a couple of options, You can remove the set screw from the auger shaft, unbolt the motor, and remove it, then crank the shaft out in reverse by hand with locking pliers.... and a hammer.... P.I.T.A.

The old ones you actually had to cut through the guard to get the pliers onto it, since they were welded. These days, I think they are all bolted or riveted.

Option 2, which I have not tried, but sounds good.... is actually creating a burn in the auger shaft, and let it burn out, and then auger the ash out. This is done using a torch to heat the shaft/tube and light the end... and they will get hot and burn, (just like if you have a burnback into your hopper that catches fire.) Create a burnback into the empty hopper... and fire it back up and auger the ash out the end of the shaft.

Hope that helps.

ITFD#15

Thanks BP I was wondering what happened to my post.. ha ha
The burn thing sounds crazy enough to work I think I will try that.

So what your saying BP is that I am not entered into the contest?.... Kidding thanks for the help

Top Bottom