Using a water pan in the Mak 2-star.

Big_Jake

Anyone ever use a pan full of water on the bottom grate of your MAK and put your meat on the top?Would this maybe help keep the meat moist or not?I thought About doing it with some ribs maybe.

Chili Head

Do you put the water directly under the meat or at the back edge im thinking where the fan can blow the water vapor around. I'm putting too much thought into it ain't I?..

CarterQ

Do it all the time for butts and brisket, put an aluminum hotel pan under the upper grate filled with water, it really helps with the clean up too!

TentHunter

I always use some type of water pan when I want maximum smoke absorption, especially when the air is dry. If it's real humid outside I don't notice as much benefit.

It may not always be a water pan underneath. I may put a small loaf pan off to one side, or sometimes it's just a can or two of water along the edges wherever I can fit them.

sparky

Do it all the time for butts and brisket, put an aluminum hotel pan under the upper grate filled with water, it really helps with the clean up too!

same here. i do the same thing as carter. never done it for ribs like squirt. going to try though.

Top Bottom