Very Happy with first brisket on GMG Daniel Boone

flyweed

Well, as we all know Brisket is a tough cut of meat to do perfectly no matter what smoker you are using.....

Anyway, it was my Daughters first birthday yesterday and so I said, what the heck, and threw on (2) 4lb beef briskets. Anyway, they turned out great, and I was very happy with the performance of my pellet grill on this cook

First I did a mustard coating on both the night before, then dry rubbed them with my favorite rub..and covered in plastic, overnight in the fridge. Took them out at 7am next morning, and let them set at room temp until 8am. Went onto the DB at 8am at a temp of 200F for smoke. I put fat cap UP and kept it at this temp for 4 hours. Each hour I'd open and spritz with a mix of Apple Juice and Wochestershire sauce and then I'd flip. at noon I ramped the up to 225F..and continued to spritz each hour. At 3pm the briskets reach 165F...so I pulled them off, put them in a deep foil tray, added about 4 cups of apple juice into the bottom and 1/2 cup of worchestershire sauce then foiled the top..and ramped the temp up to 350F. At 5:30pm (dinner time) the briskets were both just hitting 205F.....I pulled them off and sliced them....and served it sliced on Ciabatta buns.

I was very happy with how they turned out, and won't hesitate to use this same process again on my pellet grill. Each brisket had a very nice smoke ring too.

Dan

sparky

thats fantastic. sounds like a great cook. oh, wait a second. no pics. sorry didn't happen...... :)

flyweed

LOL.....now how did I know someone was gonna say that! I was too busy taking pictures of my 1 year old!! With a "set it and forget it" Daniel Boone, I didn't have to fuss over the long smoke at all.

Top Bottom