We have ignition ... new Mak 2 Star General

ShrockWorks

I got it assembled and burnt in yesterday. 5 racks of baby back ribs just went on to pop its cherry. I invited all the ISIS folks in the neighborhood.

I own a company that designs and manufactures metal products in the USA myself, and after assembling it, I can understand now why it costs as much as it does. It's extremely well made and very well thought out.

Damn I'm I'm excited!

Smelling smoke and drinking beer. :eek:

image1_zpsbimm2qmv.jpg

image2_zps426hmgiv.jpg

ShrockWorks

I had an offset stick burner for a long time. I left it last time I moved about 5 yrs ago. I just didnt have the patience for dealing with the temperature regulation anymore. I've gotten older and lazier. :)

I have a very nice large charcoal grill that I have occasionally used in an indirect way for smoking, but it doesn't work well for that bec I cant choke off enough air. I've used a neighbor's Primo XL ceramic a few times and it works pretty dang well. MUCH easier than the stick burner. I thought about doing that for a while. I must have looked at 30 different smokers and all sort of ways for accomplishing low and slow with good quality smoke and minimal headache before I finally pulled the trigger on the Mak 2 Star.

If it lets me get rid of the charcoal grill, that will be a nice bonus. We'll see. I have no problem with keeping both. I refuse to use gas though.

scooter

Yikes! Get that metal grate off your beautiful SS my friend!! It'll scratch so easily.
Congrats and welcome to the MAK family and welcome to PS.com!!

ShrockWorks

Did some salmon and chicken breasts last night, the chicken was really good and the salmon was off the charts good! It was the first time I've ever done salmon on a grill or smoker. Smoke setting for 30 min, then 375 to inter temp of 150deg using thermapen. Too damn easy.

rwalters

Did some salmon and chicken breasts last night, the chicken was really good and the salmon was off the charts good! It was the first time I've ever done salmon on a grill or smoker. Smoke setting for 30 min, then 375 to inter temp of 150deg using thermapen. Too damn easy.

YUM!!!! But, but, but...
6a230ed0810aaf7bf97c6458a02ad8c5.jpg

MAK DADDY

Love Salmon on the MAK, just Kerrie and I at home so we cook small fillets for dinner.
Fish rub, 375 till done on a frogmat, fast and great!

Top Bottom