what do ya'll think about the ceramic smokers and the meadow creek pig roasters?

sparky

i see alot of ppl cooking on eggs, domes, primos and meadow creeks. never cooked on one or tasted food off of one. do any of ya'll have them? how do they cook? easy on fuel? can you go 14 hours on one burn? my wife says i can have one more smoker then thats it. i am using a mak 2 star, hasty bake gourmet (want to trade it for a legecy), UDS and a weber kettle. i love them all but i was thinking about both of these smokers for my last one. the primo XL and the MC pig roaster 42 were catching my eye. ty for the input ppl. :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
I have a couple eggs, 2 primos and the very best ceramic two Kamodo Kamado..the roll royce of these bad boys. Im going to really piss off the cultists...but I hate then flavor when you smoke with them....It is such an efficient burn that I dont like the flavor

Love the meadow creek totally different cooker

the legacy is a starter kit you will not be happy after cooking on a gourmet

sparky

the legacy is a starter kit you will not be happy after cooking on a gourmet

having problems w/ my hands and my shoulder. it hurts me to open and close the tri-fold door. the swing door of the legecy is like the mak. it just swings open. less stress on my shoulder. i never cook on the top rack anyway. i only use the bottom.

Jables

Been told that the ceramic cookers seal very well, but if you want to hold a low temp for a long burn, the smoke gets 'stagnant' and leaves a different taste.

Scallywag

Have had a bunch of food cooked on an Egg and was not really impressed.. Can do better on my Mak. I like a smoke profile but it was way too much IMO.

HogSmoker

Of all the cookers/ smokers I have seen on the market ...I sure would like to have one of the BackWood Smokers. Love their setup and I bet you can get some great results.

SoDakSmokerGolfer

I have a big green egg (aka eggbert). I love the food that has come off of the egg. I can see where BP is coming from on the flavor profile it is like "three snaps in a z formation"... You can't hide it. Most of the people I cooked for on the egg like it but a few just dont care for it. As for it burning for 14hrs... No problem. I have smoke a 12lbs butt for 20hrs with no issue.

I am still getting to know my MAK. I love it too... I really couldn't tell you which I like better yet. The way I look at it today (sorry golf analogy) the egg is like hitting a golf ball with a forged blade iron... Little room for error but when you do hit right ah is it a wonderful thing... The MAK is more like a cavity back iron... A bit more forgiving but no where near the same feel. I am not knocking the MAK in any way you still have to know how to cook or swing the club to get the results.

Based on what I have seen you cook here I think you are a guy who needs some forged blades in his bag.

Big_Jake

I used a BGE once cuz I was made to and did not care for it.I do not like the fact that you can not get to the charcoal/wood without taking all the food/grates out.That's why I like my WSM,it has that door so you can mess with the fuel if need be.And my ribs did come out to smokey on the BGE.Just my .02 :D

Big Poppa

Administrator
sparky the hasty bake lid is much heavier than the mak the mak pivots from the denter the hasty bake is hinged in the back....I think you have an itch you cant scratch....

Top Bottom