what ive used my mak for so far when weather allowed

harvey

there was one other pic but it wouldnt let me add it, anyway its the turkey sliced up the way poppa said to in his recipe

harvey

the eggs are great and very simple, boil and peel em, i sprinkled with mccormic cajun seasoning, then used smoke setting for 1-3 hours depending on how smoky you like em.

the sunflower seeds i just bought 2 large bags of david sunflower seeds.
blended 6 or 8 jalapenoes and a couple teaspoons minced garlic with some water enough to wet all the seeds, let soak for 10-15 minutes, stir a few times while theyr soaking, sprinkle with salt. then used smoke setting for 3 hours, then turned heat up to 225 until they were dry again.
oh yea i used the frogmats to hold the seeds, first time trying them. i like them alot.

the seasoning on the eggs, ive tried a few others but myself and everyone ive used as a taste tester liked mccormic cajun seasoning best, oddly i dont really care for it much but it just seems to work for the eggs.
i just got some big poppa's desert gold seasoning, i will try that on eggs soon.
also the smoked eggs make great, and different deviled eggs later

harvey

oh if you always salt your eggs anyway you can soak them in a brine for 30 min before seasoning or smoking, 1 cup salt to a gallon of water.

Top Bottom