What should be my first cook?

Jaybaer

Memphis Elite from Big Poppa comes Monday!

Unfortunately, I'm out of town T-F, so first cook probably won't be until next Saturday. Will try to do a quick no-food burn-off on Tuesday and Friday, first.

So the big question is, what should be the first cook? What should christen the Elite? I'll post pics.

Thanks everyone!

TentHunter

Pig Candy or Bacon is always a popular choice, but steaks or a spatchcock chicken is good too. Either can be done in about an hour and you'll have your first meal off your new grill.

Chili Head

There ain't nothing like bacon on the pellet cooker! I tried pig candy..not a fan. But plain bacon or bacon sprinkled with soileaus..get outa the way! :D

Rip

Can't go wrong with bacon, spatchcock chicken is awesome. My first pellet cook was a spatchcocked turkey.

Jaybaer

Can't go wrong with bacon, spatchcock chicken is awesome. My first pellet cook was a spatchcocked turkey.

Thanks Rip. Awesome that you're in Bellevue. I live in Indiana (by way of AZ), but my whole family is from York, NE.

Deb

It was late when I did my first cook so I did some Italian Sausage and Peppers. A quicker first cook is good because you get to eat is sooner. Whatever you do it should be something you like though bacon off the pellet grill is great.

Rip

Thanks Rip. Awesome that you're in Bellevue. I live in Indiana (by way of AZ), but my whole family is from York, NE.

Only been in the town once, but the airport hosts a Fly-in breakfast the first Saturday of every month. I try to go a few times each year. Pilots eat free, but the omelets are so good I pay anyway!

Jaybaer

Only been in the town once, but the airport hosts a Fly-in breakfast the first Saturday of every month. I try to go a few times each year. Pilots eat free, but the omelets are so good I pay anyway!

That's a piece of trivia I never knew!

Top Bottom