What temp for shrimp?

Saxguy

I was going to break in the fire wire and wanted to know what temp to use when cooking shrimp. What's a good temp to cook them to?

So Cal Smoker

I would cook at 400 till IT is 140 or cook over flame zone turning before the char and also to a IT 140. Good luck and good grilling/smoking.

Saxguy

Sounds good, I'll give it a try. I may lay some smoke on them and then bump it to 400. Any rubs work particularly well with shrimp?

Ozric

When I've tried starting shrimp/lobster/scallops low and slow, they got chewy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just is. My preference is to do them Hot And Nasty, and let them ride for the full 8 (Miles High) seconds. [Sorry, had to get the second music reference in. :)] Actually, 3-6 minutes TOTAL, depending on size and grill temp.

Re rubs for shrimp...

I like to keep it simple. My preference is Spanish/Mediterranean style. Coat the fresh shrimp with a good EVO (my preference is one made from arbequina olives) and dust with agridulce pimentón (spanish paprika, the middle one between dulce and picante). [I've seen it labeled "bittersweet" on some U.S. packaging.] Grill hot and fast, turning once.

The paprika and olive oil really bring out the flavor of the shrimp.

Last edited:
Top Bottom