What's your favorite HOT sauce?

Trooper

I'm in the midst of making a batch of Lexington (finishing) sauce. I prefer to use a liquid hot sauce rather than crushed red pepper as many recipes call for. I have a feeling that the hot sauce collection on my pantry shelf is rather limited. (Tabasco, & Frank's Original)
So hey, fellow Q'ers, whats your -go to- #1 favorite all purpose HOT sauce?
If you could have only one hot sauce on your shelf, what would it be?

Last edited:

sparky

for bbq i like big bob gibson's habanero red sauce and hot squeeze (not that hot to me). for just plain hot sauce i like sriracha hot chili sauce (asian hot sauce but with real good flavor).

squirtthecat

Sriracha is some good stuff.. I don't use much hot sauce at home, but if I do (for a marinade), I go for Crystal. It seems to have less vinegar in it and doesn't 'pre-cook' the meat as much.

Rip

I keep a 66/33 mixture of dried ground cayenne and habaneros from my garden...I add these to any sauce I need to heat up.

Bear

Bayou Red. Med Hot with garlic.

I like the "caution hot" too, but you can't get it with garlic any more, so I use the med hot and just use more of it.

Chili Head

I always keep a good stock of Arizona Gunslinger in the pantry. Habenero and jalapeño are really good! You can get it at azgunslinger.com.

bflodan

Always have a couple of bottles of Franks on hand...Also like the Cholula...I have some Srirachi in the pantry but have not tried it yet..

scooter

I wouldn't have one hot sauce unless I only ate one type of food.

Asian food= Sriracha
Mexican food= Tapatio or Salsa Huichol (from Xalisco Mexico)
Pizza= Regular Tabasco
Breakfast/eggs= Tabasco Chipotle
General all purpose= regular Tabasco or Franks Red Hot (which is a funny name because it is very mild)

Gun to my head to only pick one.... regular Tabasco

ITFD#15

I love hot sauce, hot is good but it has to have some flavor.
Tabasco is a staple
Franks I think I have them all
Chetty's Lime hot sauce and pineapple, these are local made sauces.
Sriracha is a great one as well.

Pick one Tabasco

Chili Head

I'm with scooter.. One kind of hot sauce just ain't enough. You gotta try el yucateco habanero on biscuits and gravy! Tobacco's chipoltle is killer on bbq.

Top Bottom