What's Your Favorite Smoked Cheese?

flypig

Holy Zombie thread, Batman!

As long as it's on the radar again. I pulled some year old vac sealed Alder smoked extra sharp Tillamook yellow Cheddar that has been stored in the garage fridge today. It...is...amazing.

I used the amazin smoke tube for about 5 hours with no burn and ambient about 45 degrees in the Yoder. The cheese initially smelled and tasted like an ashtray. But let it sit for a spell and it turns into an amazing compliment. I put a little on my Spaghetti last night, incredible.

soupyjones

I have had some really fun results with smoking cheese. So far the best have been a havarti with apple smoke and an Imperial Cheese tub with maple. At least those have been the ones I have heard the most good things about. My favorite was a sun dried tomato creamy type of semi ripe cheese I found at a farmers market here in town. Had to wait for a rainy day to keep the heat low enough to get her to hold together but it turned out great. I am hoping to make a black pepper crusted, super sharp cheddar to go along with the spicy grapefruit jelly I made a few weeks back to give to folks at Christmas. If that one works out I will be sure to snap a few pics.

Top Bottom