When my MAK 1 Star dreams...

squirtthecat

... he thinks he can cook 50 chicken halves.

547094_459271327437857_236226132_n%255B1%255D.jpg

:D

Split chicken breasts were EIGHTY cents a pound on Friday, so I grabbed a cart and stocked up.

20120824151223.jpg
(57 pounds worth)

Got home and piled them into the freezer. Pulled about 35 or so pounds out last night to start thawing.

And here we go..

IMGP1922.JPG

I skinned about 2/3rds of them, and left the skin on the rest. Everybody got painted with Sriracha, and the top rack got a heavy dusting of Head Country. The bottom will just get smoke, and whatever drips off of the top layer.

IMGP1926.JPG

The Traeger wanted to play, so we loaded him as well. Those got some basic Williams BBQ rub.

IMGP1931.JPG

Both pits are running at 250°, so we'll check back in about 2.5 hours.

Stay tuned..

squirtthecat

And of course they all got done at once... Cue the pan brigade.

IMGP1940.JPG

IMGP1942.JPG

IMGP1945.JPG

IMGP1947.JPG

Stacked in my Wannabe Cambro.

IMGP1944.JPG

And my SamsBro. :cool:

IMGP1948.JPG

I'll pull the breasts off of the bones this evening, and vacbag most of them for the freezer.

Zephyr

What's the big cooker with all the chicken on it? Do you freeze yours? I like to do alot of thighs and vac and freeze. Those are lookin so Good! :p

ZEP

TentHunter

Great cook Squirt!

Tell me about your wannabe cambro. I was wishing I had one this past Thursday for the H.S. Band cookout.

Chili Head

That's a good idea cooking all that at once then shredding some ect. I've never done that much at a time but it would open up possibilities! I like the head country on chicken too! I've been using 75 % head country and 25 % gun powder mixed lately.

squirtthecat

It's a Coleman Powerchill. Runs off of 12V DC, but I have an A/C adapter for it.
You can find them at Wally Mart, Target, etc. for around 100 bucks and change.

10503305.jpg

I've had 2 of them now, and this newer model is a tad bigger than the old ones.

It cools 40° below ambient temps, so watch out if you are using it in a cold garage during the winter months. (instant freezer)

I had some of the chicken thawing in it, and was about to put it away when I tried sliding a couple of the foil pans in. WA LA!

Works great for brining a Thanksgiving turkey as well.. :cool:

20101119191801.jpg

Top Bottom