Where else does your disposable income go?

Scallywag

Hmm.. I drive a new F150 with a 5.0 motor so a lot goes to fuel. I just dropped 3k with shipping for the new Mak as well. Good thing I work a really good job as well as my band makes pretty good money every weekend!!! Soon gonna be 3 kids in this house.. better spend it while I can!!!!

AikenSmoker

Im probably a lot like you guys/gals. I work too much to have a lot of hobbies. Cooking, even before BBQ, has always been a part of my family. We are all about the food!!! Always has been. However, i do have a couple of interests outside the smoke ring so to speak. I play guitar (ever since i was 15 or so) im 46 now so i guess its no passing thing. At the moment i have 4 guitars. A strat (Stevie Ray Model w/big frets). A Les Paul (Standard-Cherry Sunburst and she's a beauty!). A Martin D28 (love to fingerpick), and a 20 yr old Charvel Jackson (i never play it anymore). I also have loads of footpedals and some rack gear.
Have 3 kids so i had to pick my hobbies that keeps me at home. Love to get in my man cave and crank it up when the house is empty (which is almost never heh). oh yeah almost forgot, i use EB strings on all my guitars...tried many brands over the years, but always go back to the super slinky's.
Cooking, guitars and family (not nec in that order). Thats all i have time for.

This post is like looking in a mirror. 49 YO with three kids 6, 3, 2. (Real hobby!) 80's Kramer Pacer, Les Paul, Dean, and Mesa tube amp. I bought a bunch of high end audio analysis stuff to start a side business but that lost steam. All in for EB SS except for the Les Paul. Still looking for the right strings there.

Now doing Karate with the 6 YO and trying to smoke more. (BTW, Karate with your 6 YO will make dieting a hobby also.)

soupyjones

I like to play bad golf and really bad guitar. the guitar doesn't soak up much income due to the fact that i lack the skill to buy an nicer one. if I manage to save up the cash, travel is the big money pit. Alberta is nice but it lacks nice weather about nine months a year. Mexico on the other hand is very nice in the winter.

Jables

My wife reminds me that my few dozen single malts have cost a buck or two. Oh well, call it a weakness.

Rip

That's easy...it's no coincidence she's parked next to the pumps.
IMG_1634ec.jpg

Rip

Jeanie, I'd trade flying for one of your meals any day! I'd even give you left seat. :)

roburado

I love learning about high performance driving/racing. So, I've gone to a Skip Barber 3-Day formula car racing school at Laguna Seca. I've also done the Porsche Sport Driving School. Last year, I didn't do a school, but I did a High Performance Driver's Education day with our local chapter of the Porsche Club of America.

I have bought a lot of guitars from Big Poppa in addition to one of his grills.

I've done some ballroom dancing including joining a couple of competitions.

Top Bottom