Why did you buy the smoker you have cost/easy to use /customer service ?

jimsbarbecue

As PelletSmokers we are lucky. Most of the manufactures when you call for customer service. You get someone who cooks on the same unit you have and they want to help you in any way possible. Being a MAK owner I know more about their customer service.
Which is real good. What I really like is the way they think over a MAK Grills. Since the Two Star was introduced. They continue to MAKe neat add ons for the MAK. Grilling grate, remote pellet boss controller,MAK Griddle ,plain drip pan, half top rack and others I know they are working on and I am sure more that I don't know about. It is like when it pours rain they must think instead of cooking let's MAKe something new.(Honestly I think they cook in the rain also).

MikeB

After I gave my little old NOMAD pellet grill to my daughter and her BF to use I started looking for a new bigger unit. I found a great deal on the Louisiana Grills CS-450 at BBQ Grills Outlet in Santa Ana. A 4th of July weekend sale $300 OFF the $799 price. So for $499 I couldn't pass it up. Althought price was great I also knew Danson made an excellent product. It is an excellent grill smoker. I just need to cook more and learn more.

txpgapro

I'm the bear on this one. I wanted high temps, and insulated cooking. Some members at pelletheads.com(they are all no longer there) reccommended Big Poppa's, and after speaking with their customer service telephone rep, who was VERY knowledgeable for a young lady, and after reading several positive remarks regarding the MP service center that's what I decided on, a MP stainless cooker. I love it! Although there are several changes I would make to the cooker, and I'd do it now!

Pascale

I bought my Memphis Pro from Big Poppa and I have to say I have been nothing but impressed with the people behind these products. I am proud to say that both Hearthland and Big Poppa Smokers have helped me make a selection that makes me proud. In a world where quality customer service is quickly becoming a thing of the past, these two have proven that the concept of "the customer is always right" isn't yet dead. Hearthland and Big Poppa remind me how proud I am to be an American.

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

well said Pascale we all want biggest baddest and best for free but customer service is a dieing thing in this land we call home Big Poppas is first class outfit for a guy just playing around in the world of BBQ he does have customer service down pat my next smoker will come form him when I get back on my feet money wise really want a MAK

MAK DADDY

I bought my Memphis Pro from Big Poppa and I have to say I have been nothing but impressed with the people behind these products. I am proud to say that both Hearthland and Big Poppa Smokers have helped me make a selection that makes me proud. In a world where quality customer service is quickly becoming a thing of the past, these two have proven that the concept of "the customer is always right" isn't yet dead. Hearthland and Big Poppa remind me how proud I am to be an American.

You see why I like Hearthland, that speech gave me chills!

SmokinMAK

12? I thought it was 15! You doing them all on one MAK with rib racks, or multiple MAK's? I should be able to see that smoke in West Salem!!

SmokinMAK

This is what Oregon BBQ looks like most of the year. ;) This was Pre-MAK of course! Looking forward to cooking on my 2 Star this weekend through the rain! The fact that it was designed and built by an Oregon-based company gives me confidence in the ability of the MAK to perform as-designed throughout our wet winters.

rain_grill.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator

Pat thanks for the kind words and your patience!

Phrett Bender

I did allot of reading and listening before going with a GMG for my first pellet grill. The decision was easy based on the price, performance, and customer service others reported, and I found it all to be accurate upon becoming an owner. After nearly a year of owning it I have nothing but praise for the grill and support. Planning on getting into some more competitions next year I am beginning to look at stepping up to a higher end unit for a second cooker.

MAK DADDY

12? I thought it was 15! You doing them all on one MAK with rib racks, or multiple MAK's? I should be able to see that smoke in West Salem!!
It was but we ended up with a few less people on the list :D Believe it or not I only have 1 MAK at home unlike someone else I know :) I will use the rib rack on bottom holding 8 and put 4 flat on the upper shelf.
Going to cook hot wings too with the MAK Devils Punch sauce, I will post results!

Top Bottom