Wind

Pappymn

Something occurred to me yesterday while I was relighting my gasser for the third time. I have a Mak2 coming tomorrow from BPS. How does the Mak perform in windy conditions? For reasons unknown to me I live in a windy area, but did not factor that into my buying decision.

Swineisdevine

I live in the windsurfing capitol of the US, no lack of wind to try and foul up #511 on his mission.

I've never had my firepot die on me if that is what you are asking. You will have to adjust your temp as it will run lower than your setpoint. About the only trouble I have is the wind blowing the damn grill cover off....

Deimatt

I had some wind issues (at least I think) with mine. I was doing my grilling with the back of the grill pointed south to southwest. So it would seem to not get as hot if the wind was blowing pretty good from the South or Southwest. So one day I just turned it around so the front of the grill was facing Southwest and Walla...!! No more heat troubles...It NEVER went out though even when it was back to the South.

Oh BTW now the back faces a wall so no wind gets to it from the back.

Hope this helps

RickB

I live in the windsurfing capitol of the US, no lack of wind to try and foul up #511 on his mission.

I've never had my firepot die on me if that is what you are asking. You will have to adjust your temp as it will run lower than your setpoint. About the only trouble I have is the wind blowing the damn grill cover off....

Mak turned me on to this. Works like a charm, you cant pull it off!

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

Buffalotom

I have ran my 2 star on smoke overnight in the wind and it had not problem. Unlike my old Traeger that would go out with just a breeze. The Mak is sealed tight!!

Top Bottom