Woke up and it's FALL!

squirtthecat

Autumnal Equinox. 41° out by the pits. Let's get some comfort cooking, shall we?

Smoky White Chicken 'Chili' (bean soup for the purists)

The base.

IMGP2370.JPG

(ignore the chicken broth, I'll explain in a bit)

Open and dump all the red stuff in, add Cumin, lots of garlic and White Pepper.

IMGP2374.JPG

We'll let that cruise at 250° for a while, then add the beans and proteins.

--

Bean time.

IMGP2376.JPG

Some smoked chicken, and a package of Tasso I found in the freezer.

IMGP2378.JPG

Cut up 2 breasts worth, and save the 3rd for chicken salad this week. I put 3/4ths of that package of tasso in.

IMGP2380.JPG

Dump dump dump.

Hmmm. Kinda thick. I was reaching for that can of broth and then thought otherwise.

IMGP2388.JPG

1/2 bottle or so.

Now we're talking.

IMGP2389.JPG

We'll let that cruise for an hour or so, then slap a piece of foil over the top for a lid

--

Oh yeah... Another hour in the 'texas crutch' and the magic happened. Transferred to the crock pot to rest for the afternoon.

IMGP2394.JPG

--

Mrs suggested some wild rice mixed into the chili for bulk, so I folded some in before we headed to church.

Got back home and did some Jimmy Crack Corn Cake on the MAK. Sorry Spark, this will have to do for the milk shot, as I used the last 1/3rd of a cup in this batter.

IMGP2407.JPG

Dinner is served!

Plate it up.. Pardon the work bench pics, that's the only decent lighting I have in this place.

IMGP2409.JPG

This is definitely a keeper, and an easy way to use up some leftover smoked goodies.

Next time I'll do the beans from scratch, I just had a bunch of cans in the way to use up first.

Thx for lookin'!

ACW3

It is really nice to have that cooler weather back again. I love cooks like this!! That looks really good, STC!! I may have to start thinking about breaking out my good chili recipe.

Art

Tatonka3A2

Looks great!! I love throw together soups and chili's.

Fall definitely hit here too - the low yesterday was 28°! That was a rude awakening!! Hubby just told me it was 23° this morning... I guess we are moving into North Dakota winter. LOL. One day of fall!

Last edited:

TentHunter

Yeah boy, Fall is here and you're bringing on the comfort food in a mighty tasty way Squirt!

This Ohio boy gives you two thumbs up for that Chili!

Kite

I'm going to be looking for a bowl of that in about a month when the calendar says .... NO, I won't say it! It's not going to happen - next month is June. There, I said it.. whew..

Top Bottom