Yoder shipped early. My new YS640 is here!

Ozric

My new 640 is safely ensconced in the garage until I can get some help this weekend to move it to my back patio and move my Traeger boat anchor into the garage. Gonna be a fun weekend.

1) Burn in

2) Bacon

3) A new recipe from me based on something I developed over 10 years ago and never made again. For sentimental reasons. I will document that cook and share it, regardless of how it turns out.

Ozric

I'll have a second surprise. Just picked it up from a chef here in Flagstaff.

Teaser:

When is something bacon, but not?

Ozric

Second clue: the tag line

"Eat BaCoN Periodically"

Third clue:

The correct answer in NOT edible.

Last edited:

TrickyDick

Big's brand bacon salt flavored sunflower seeds??

You wouldn't be excited about those I'm sure, but they are pretty tasty.

TD

Ozric

Bacon salt flavored sunflower seeds? Sound really good! Gotta be #1 on every minor league baseball player's munch list. :lol:

Ozric

The answer

I like the guess, SIL. :)

OK.

The question was: When is something bacon, but not?

The answer is: When it's BArium, CObalt, and Nitrogen (BaCoN).

The restaurant is the Tinderbox Kitchen and Annex here in Flagstaff. I stopped by the Annex last night for a couple of beers and a burger. But not just any burger. Scott (the chef; chef'd for Paul McCartney for a week once) only makes 20 per day. He grinds the meat. He makes the buns. He makes the steak sauce. He makes the ketchup. He makes the hand cut seasoned fries. He adds Oregon Cheddar and a couple of thin-sliced sweet pickles. Best burger in town, hands-down.

So, I'm sitting at the bar, when I see their 3 new T-shirts. One, with the T-Box logo on the front wasn't interesting. The one I bought had a bit of the periodic table on the front (crappy photo attached; unsteady morning hands :p). I thought it would be a perfect T for grilling, especially for the initial bacon-off! I almost bought the third one instead. It had a line drawing of a pig's face with a big black nose instead of a normal one. The tag line? "Bacon is the new Black." Very funny. Very apropos.

View attachment 2368

TentHunter

Ozric said:
The answer is: When it's BArium, CObalt, and Nitrogen (BaCoN).

Sneaky - I like it!

Now get that Yoder fired up and quit talking about it. We wanna see some pics of bacon cooking! :D

Top Bottom