You every clean your smoker

ACW3

I do a more detailed cleaning periodically. Mostly just to get the "clunkers" (big pieces) out of the way. I use a putty knife, Greased Lightning spray cleaner, and lots of paper towels. I don't want to lose my seasoning.

Art

Chili Head

I brush the grates before each cook and I scrape the drip pan with a steel putty knife each time I clean the ash out. Every two months I'll take the lid off and scrape away the carbon build up.

dconder1

I scrape the grates after every smoke or grill and shop vac the ash from the fire pot and inside every few smokes

I do a thorough cleaning every weekend or at least every other weekend depending on how much I cook. 409/greased lightening on the outside, dedicated shop vac for the inside. After reading this site recently, I took the top off and scraped. I will be doing this regularly from now on, as chili says every couple of months. I scrape grills every cook (and frog mats too).

fishingbouchman

I have not taken the lid off but I clean out the ash every 2 weeks but I don't cook as often as I should. Also clean the grates before every cook. Do a greesed lightening ever couple of weeks. Trying to keep it clean and in top order. Would like a new BBQ but can't afford to buy one every other year so lets keep this one working good.

HogSmoker

I have one of those wire brushes that has water in the handle has a on off switch. As soon as I pull the food off the grill I use the brush the water hitting the grates creates steam and it will shine them up like a new nickel. And like others bucket head vac after 4 or so cooks and I also use a ton of paper towels and degreaser. I want my grill too look good ! :)

flyweed

I clean my grates and frog mats after each cook. I put heavy duty Aluminum foil on my drip pan..and will change the foil twice a summer..other than that..I use cleaner and paper towl to clean the outside of the grill when grease drips off the chimney, or down the sides, etc.

Top Bottom