BBQ Log Software

sparky

i would love to remember all the cooks i have done. ppl always say "do it like you did before". ya right, before what. i really need a program to record everything w/ pictures i could apply.

jimsbarbecue

Do you just need someone to compile it or more??

Dave thats all. It is made with Filemaker Pro. The advance version of Filemaker allows the making of a stand alone "solution". Which is what the BBQ Log is. It is a one file database . To give you a idea I compile the windows version in a few minutes. I would be willing to email the native file to anyone that could help. The file size is 365K. Let me know.My other is getting a Mac and doing it myself.

Last edited:

Dave_T

Jim,

I now have access to a Mac with Filemaker Pro 11 advanced on it and ready to attempt a stand alone Mac version. Tried to PM you
but your mailbox is full. I will send you my email address when you make some room. Thanks....Dave

O1dcrow

Jim,

thanks for the S/W. I miss having FMPro at work. They took it away from us a few years back. download went find after I got it past my virus protection.

383inTheD

Hi Jim,

I was wondering about maintenance topics.

/1/ What files need to be backed up?

/2/ Can records be exported or shared with others?

/3/ If I move this to another PC in the future, what steps are needed to be performed?

Thanks,
Dan

jimsbarbecue

backup

Hi Jim,

I was wondering about maintenance topics.

/1/ What files need to be backed up? Easiest is backing up the entire folder. Then it can run on any PC

/2/ Can records be exported or shared with others? yes

/3/ If I move this to another PC in the future, what steps are needed to be performed?see #1 try it out using a flash drive

Thanks,
Dan
Back up the folder as it contains the entire program

gwapogorilla

Jim, that is absolutely incredible!!!! Kudos to you for that great effort AND free distribution!!!:eek::eek::eek:
It is set up so you can get consistent results ALL of the time. But, is the an area so you can record weather conditions such as outside temp, wind speed/direction, rain/snow?

By the way, thank you. It was a great Christmas gift from someone I haven't had the pleasure of meeting in person...yet.

Merry Christmas Jim.

jimsbarbecue

Here is the link to the page where it can be downloaded. I have changed the layout a little since the first run. It now fits on the iPad and in a pinch the iPhone as well as works on a PC or Mac depending on the one you download. there is a ambient temp and a user field that could be renamed for other weather conditions or noted in the notes field

BBQ Log Software

CDN Smoker

If you have an apple product Tenhunter, recipe book app. I just started using it but it looks like it might work. Just how to share

Top Bottom