Don't you just hate?...........

cowgirl

people that think putting BBQ sauce on something makes it BBQ.

That one bothers me too Bear. Someone sent a cookbook for me to look over titled "Cheater BBQ". It was all about making BBQ fast by using a crockpot, Q sauce and liquid smoke. They were convinced it was real BBQ.
I told him it would be like me putting a bit of soy sauce in my pot of pinto beans and calling it chinese food. :)

SisInLaw

When people want the "end cut" of a beautifully cooked prime rib because they don't like their meat "raw."

dmarotta

When the meats done perfectly and the wife tells me she needs another 15 minutes because the rice or bread or whatever is not ready.I did my job....do yours!

BigBountyBBQ

Don't you just hate?...........

When someone who doesn't know 'Q' looks at the smoke ring and thinks the meats not cooked.

haha this is horrible, Nothing worse than smokin up some comp style chicken thighs and then have my guests givin me funny looks about the "pink" in the meat.

how about when you have a 10lb butt you've had going all day, pull it out to foil and someone has to say "ummmm, I think it's burnt!"

Trooper

When people want the "end cut" of a beautifully cooked prime rib because they don't like their meat "raw."
OK GREAT TOPIC

Only a short cross-fire here to SisInLaw.

Often there is a BUNCH of flavor in that end piece.
So I like to grab it (if possible) along with one out of the middle (rare/med-rare)
That way they both complimentt each other.
Ahhh Burnt ends & bloody center!

TentHunter

...how about when you have a 10lb butt you've had going all day, pull it out to foil and someone has to say "ummmm, I think it's burnt!"

Ha ha! I got some strange looks when I did 5 huge shoulders this summer for the Marching Band cookout... a few folks thought they were burnt when I pulled them out of the cooker... once I smooshed the shoulders and started pulling the pork Chris Lilly style, their jaws just dropped. It was priceless!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Dave This was my pet peeve when I cooked prime rib in the oven at 325...now that I ramp down the temp as the cook goes along Im only mildly nuclear!

Top Bottom