Don't you just hate?...........

SmokinMAK

When I casually tell my wife I'm thinking about doing a full packer next weekend, and she says "won't we have plenty of leftovers from the butt?" that I am cooking tonight. What the hell does that have to do with anything?? I'm already thinking to the weekend after Thanksgiving and having brisket chili!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Kim you wives are supposed tp keep track of wallets and keys We keep track of sports trivia and rub measurements.

And my wife is never wrong....just ask her.

HoDeDo

Kim you wives are supposed tp keep track of wallets and keys We keep track of sports trivia and rub measurements. And my wife is never wrong....just ask her.

Obviously she has shown her ability to exhibit poor judgement -- she married me LOL

But keeping track of me is a full time gig for sure.

jimsbarbecue

When your husband/wife expects YOU to know where THEY put/left/lost things.
Patty and I have been married 30 years and when I'm looking for something. Not only will she know what I'm looking for she knows where it is. For our 30 anniversary we went to a Laker's game (her idea) Life's good!

Getting back on the thread. When you grill vegetables that are MAKtastic and people don't try them because they burnt (grill marks)
The best part about Grill Grates are grilling vegetables.

MAK DADDY

"I'm going to BBQ some steaks on my gas grill!"

really? Do tell!

Good one, or even just "hey were having a bbq so come on over" and you know they only have a gasser and you are going to have to put on a smile anyway :) Funny thing is not to long ago that was me LOL, at least I was smart enough to stay away from chicken!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Carter on my ernie ball board I go nuts over that...90% percent of the time it is someone who has monkeyed up their guitar and then there title is always negative towrads the product...also it gets caught by google....

I say "If you had a medical problem would you go on the internet and ask strangers for a comprehensive diagnosis?"

KimG SOW

When you are getting ready to prep jalapenos and you forget to put on gloves. Especially when you have dry hands. :eek::eek:

All I can say is if you don't have any dairy products olive oil works.

FLBentRider

I can chime in here that the reason it works is that capsaicin (heat in peppers) is an oil-soluble substance.

Which is why when you try to brine something and add heat to the brine it (the heat) doesn't make it into the meat, only the surface.

brines only work with water-soluble flavors.

KimG SOW

Thanks FLBentRider!

Kim elaborate on the olive oil.....thanks a bunch.....

I get dry hands very easily; hand washing, dry winter air, & redhead skin:p. We were making 100 ABTs for a party. I washed and cored all the jalapenos by hand (no gloves), using my fingers to take out the seeds. I get done and look at my hands. Red, swollen and beginning to burn... BAD! I know that soaking in dairy would work, unfortunately we don't have anything, not even milk. So I hop on the Brethren and beg for help. Phil comes back and says to rub olive oil into my hands. It helped, but I had to keep rubbing every 10 to 15 minutes for about 2 hours.

And a couple hours later you forget, and rub your eyes!

Lol!! I've heard many horror stories.

Top Bottom