Fathers Day Contest! Whoop Whoop It pays double

bflodan

Cont....

IMG_6143.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6145.jpg

Sandwiches where great! Good times with Great Friends and Family, especially my Kids!! Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there!

sparky

fathers day meal.

its complicated.

fathersday038.jpg

going to do a little cold smoking. i have never had a cold smoked steak.

fathersday046.jpg

must have my tatonka dust and my soileau's

fathersday053.jpg

let the smokin begin (or just continue some more)

fathersday060.jpg

a very cool person send me some honey to use in my FL.

fathersday078.jpg

pretty

fathersday094.jpg

jim said try the grape seed oil. he likes it. jims a pretty smart guy if you know um. he is a friend of mine so i try it. on bag w/ jim oil and desert gold the other bag gets chili oil and some soileau's.

fathersday106.jpg

steak never made it in the house. i called my wife outside and the 2 of us ate the steak together (kids can cook their own steak). it was thee best steak i have ever had. wife loved it. there was something about it. juicy. oh. after cold smoking it i put it on the mak w/ the ribs cooking @ 275°. i am so cool. it was big time von du pa.

fathersday117.jpg

cooked the wing on Hazel.

fathersday122.jpg

a great father's day dinner. i believe this is the winner.

finishingup003.jpg

the end.

fishingbouchman

trip Tip

Been seeing a lot of good looking Tri Tips on here. I want to try one so asked with wife to pick me up some at Costco. Came back with some Beef Loin Tri Tip. not what I was expecting but I can try cooking this. Went a little something like this...

A little balsamic Glaze and lets do one of each. Just messing around with rubs trying to find out what I like better.

IMG_0950.JPG

Put them on at 275 until IT got to ~135. pulled and resting until the Mak got hot.

IMG_0952.JPG

Had some left over shrimp so had them soaking up some goodness all morning.

IMG_0953.JPG

Mak is hot and on go the tri, shrimp, and had some twice baked taters on.

IMG_0954.JPG

The taters
IMG_0955.JPG

The Shrimp
IMG_0956.JPG

the Tri Tip
IMG_0957.JPG

The Dinner
IMG_0958.JPG

they were all good. I think I liked the DSSR one just slightly the most but they all turned out great.

Shrimp were good. Wife has a great recipe for them.

All washed down with a FT.

thanks

Results

WOW!!! This judging is much more difficult than entering! Everyone deserves to win (and you do just for entering thanks to BP!). Many great cooks this Fathers Day!

Well here we go:

4th Place: Chili Head
New York strips with shrimp and apple dumplings. The apple dumplings looked great!​

3rd Place: Deb
Linguine with roasted tomatoes, garlic olive oil, and sausage. I love the creativity of using the smoker in combination with the pasta. I will definitely try this!​

2nd Place: soupy jones
Pork loin stuffed with pears and feta cheese, bread, and cheesecake. Wow, the pork loin looked fantastic. I haven't tried to stuff a pork loin before, but now it is on the list!​

1st Place: CMack1
Shredded Chuckie Enchiladas. The Chuckie looked great by itself, but blending the peppers and onions into a sauce and using it to make enchiladas put it over the top! Great cook!​

Great job by all this weekend!

Last edited:

soupyjones

Congrats to all the winners. That must have been a tough week to judge so thanks to NorCal. Thanks to bp for giving us a place to play.

ACW3

Congrats to the winners!!! Boy, was that a tough list of cooks to judge. It gets harder and harder to cook something worthy of being entered these days. I am looking through cookbooks and magazines I have saved trying to find a really good entry. the search goes on...

Thanks BP for letting everyone play in your playground.

Art

RickB

Congrats to the winners!!! Boy, was that a tough list of cooks to judge. It gets harder and harder to cook something worthy of being entered these days. I am looking through cookbooks and magazines I have saved trying to find a really good entry. the search goes on...

Thanks BP for letting everyone play in your playground.

Art

Amen brother.

Chili Head

I'm glad I didn't have to judge this one! Nice job NorCal and thank you!

Way to go deb,soupy and especially cmack! Rookie knows how to roll! Well done cmack! I'll be trying your dish!

It's getting harder and everyday dishes just won't cut the mustard anymore no matter how pretty the pictures are. I wouldn't want it any other way. This whole contest is to make us all more creative and I think the bar has been raised. It was awesome seeing new entrants this week and those of you sitting on the fence now is the time! You're cooking anyway you might as well take pictures and show us what you got.

Thanks NorCal!
Thank you BP for your generosity!

CMack1

Congrats to the other winners! Thanks NorCal for judging. Thanks to BP for putting this all together, and for the dough. Looking forward to judging next week!

Top Bottom