Knife Sharpen photo

ACW3

TH,
What a guy!

Art

I'll let you know after I have had a chance to sharpen a few knives what I really think of it. I am expecting very positive things.

ACW3

I just got the word that my Apex knife sharpening system will be shipped tomorrow. I ended up having to have it shipped to my son's house since we will be there for the holidays when it is scheduled to be delivered. I will get to "practice" on his knives before I get to mine. His knives will be sharp before we leave. This is a good thing. At least I will be able to carve a smoked turkey (I am spatchcocking a turkey and smoking it before we head to his house) and a standing rib roast (from his Weber Kettle) with sharp knives while I am there. I can't wait.

Art

txpgapro

I bought a Chef's Choice 120 about 6 years ago and it has never given me a sharp enough edge. I'll be looking at the Apex soon. One thing that bothers me though is the chance that you could cut your hand very easily as close as it us to the blade. Might have to invest in a glove as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TentHunter

...One thing that bothers me though is the chance that you could cut your hand very easily as close as it us to the blade...

I noticed that too. I just re-watched the videos on their website and there is a built in stop that prevents you from sliding your hand into the blade. Still, a glove might not be a bad idea.

txpgapro

Tent - Did you order one yet? I'm tempted to do it very soon. Just waiting to see if BP will become a distributor. Big Poppa Smokers - Everything You Need for Smokin', Grillin' & Chillin'!

ACW3

After you finally get your Apex system, you will ask yourself why it took so long to finally get one. GREAT kitchen tool!!!

Art

ACW3

Okay, here are three pictures of the Edge Pro Apex Sharpening System I now own. As I understand it, you can get different grit stones and/or different quality stones depending on how much you would like to spend. After talking with the dealer I bought mine from, I decided that the stones that came with this particular model would be more than adequate for my needs. I urge anyone who may have interest in purchasing one of these to do enough research to determine what fits your needs the best.

Edge Pro Apex Sharpening System “Pieces”
IMG_5614.jpg

Sharpening Stones In System
IMG_5615.jpg

Assembled And Ready To Go
IMG_5617.jpg

Now that I have it set up, I will be sharpening a few knives this evening.

Art

ACW3

Best of luck. I believe that you could sell quite a few of these systems. They really do work as advertised.

Art

txpgapro

Well if there's a chance that you will be dealing these I'm holding off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbaggett

Sorry, I'm a little late to this thread, but I bought an Apex about 2 months ago based upon BP's recommendation. It is the best. I now have very sharp knives. It took a little time to get used to, but it can be mastered. The video that comes with it is very good. Highly Recommended.

Top Bottom