MAK Grills 4 Star General

TrickyDick

Heh.

Been there! Wasn't fun, but was worth the effort! Wife on board now!

I have been working on an addition to my home for nearly 10 months now, with like 2 months left it seems. Was gonna go propane for outdoor kitchen grill, but got tired of my old crummy electric smoker (now modified for better smoke but still crummy). Stumbled across this site, and WHAMMY! I signed up to get this bad boy! Can't wait! Seriously, the pool, spa, all the outdoor living space, and everything else is taking a major backseat to my anticipation of cooking on this sucker! That's what REAL BBQ does to people I guess. Probably get here just in time for my birthday!

In meantime trying to mod a old Vermont Castings propane grill to pump smoke through grease tray from a Bradley Smoke generator.... can't wait THAT long without good food after all!

Thanks to guys at MAK GRILLS for FINALLY making a built in unit, and to BPS for hosting this site!

TD

Dave_T

I see the Pellet Boss on the 4 star is "Wi-Fi Wireless Capable. Mobile control is possible via smart phones, tablets or computers." Is this also true with the new 2 Star???? Will this work with the iPhone????
Thanks for any help you can give.........

BudGarrison

Wow, that is awesome. PLease, please, please tell me this feature is going to be available as an upgrade to the Pellet Boss:
"Wi-Fi Wireless Capable. Mobile control is possible via smart phones, tablets or computers."

Big Poppa

Administrator
yes first it will be on the 4 star and then it will migreate to the one and two stars...per my post above

MAK DADDY

Some explanations on the cooking modes. Be aware that you don't "have" to use all the functions of the 4 Star Pellet Boss, you can simply set a temperature and cook :)

Standard: Operates off the built in thermocouple temperature based on the set point.
Run both pots synced together; 1 pot off; 1 pot heating and 1 smoking.

Grilling: Operates off a timed sequence only to maintain a set fire rate, used when the lid will be opened often.
Run both pots synced together; 1 pot off; 1 pot heating and 1 smoking; both pots at a different rate.

Zone: Operates off a movable thermocouple plugged into any of the 8 jacks in the front of the grill to allow control of the pots in a specific spot on the grill.
Run both pots synced together; 1 pot off; 1 pot heating and 1 smoking.

scooter

Zone: Operates off a movable thermocouple plugged into any of the 8 jacks in the front of the grill to allow control of the pots in a specific spot on the grill.

My little contribution to MAK history! :)

MD, will we be able to retro a 2 Star with this?

BudGarrison

Hey Mak Daddy,

As you know my 2-star is down at the MAK Factory getting a new powder coat. If it is easier on you guys to just send one of these back in the place of #422, I don't mind taking one for the team on this one. :D

Meat Man

Heard Bob comes out with each one to personally instruct each Four Star owner on the operation of this smoker. Kidding, hopefully a CD or good instruction manual.

MAK DADDY

LOL, I know it's a lot of options but once you play with it for a day or two it's pretty easy. The screen is quite a bit larger as well to help display everything like all 8 meat probe temps.

Top Bottom