MAK Wi-Fi Web App, www.makgrillsmobile.com

MAK DADDY

Hi there! I've installed the mobile system and I've got to say it's pretty cool! I had logged in from the car's web browser and all the occupants were marveling at how we could monitor temps while driving.

One thing I did notice is that the web control is timing out. The first timeout happened after 3 hrs and the second timeout after 30 mins. The smoker is about 8 feet from the wireless router so the connection should be strong. Any ideas on what could be happening? Should I simplify my wi-fi settings? (using WPA2 Personal security right now)

@scooter whereabouts in the bay are you? I'm smoking over in Redwood City.

Thanks all!

For some reason the grill lost connection to the router and didn't reconnect causing the "time out". We are working on some improvements to this for those who are having intermittent signal loss. Internet can be finicky :)
As always, please report suggestions or issues to [email protected] for review.

tritonx

Ok, will do! I'll send in details such as my router and router software. Once you determine which routers work the absolute best, let me know as this feature is worth buying that router simply for the convenience of the mobile tool. It is simply awesome.

For some reason the grill lost connection to the router and didn't reconnect causing the "time out". We are working on some improvements to this for those who are having intermittent signal loss. Internet can be finicky :)
As always, please report suggestions or issues to [email protected] for review.

Scrapmanson

Hey guys, I haven't been on in a while. I started cooking some pork butt tonight and planned on using the Web controller to check on it throughout the night. I can't seem to get it to connect.... It keeps timing out, I used to use it all the time so I'm not sure what's going on? I also am having trouble seeing the display, it's like the numbers and such aren't showing up.... Oh 1 more thing do the thermometers go out often, mine just says high? Thanks!

Top Bottom