MAK Wi-Fi Web App, www.makgrillsmobile.com

Aaron Obermyer

Any general info you could share yet on how it would work? The Remote Boss is bluetooth based right now, would the phone/iPad app use that as well or would it require a Boss upgrade to support Wi/Fi? Reason I am asking is that I want to purchase a 2 Star but dont want to then have to turn around and with an upgrade.

MAK DADDY

The current MAK Grills already have the plug receptacle for either a Bluetooth (Remote Boss) or WiFi chip (web App). The MAK Wifi module is an optional accessory, if you buy a 2 Star General now (or already own one past #320) you would just purchase the MAK Wifi Module when it becomes available. Like the Remote Boss plug it comes with an antenna to install on the grill beside the power cord. There will be instructions on how to connect the grill to your wireless router in your home, once connected you can control the grill from any device with an internet web browser. I have been playing with mine for a while now, it is amazing!
I don't have a price at this time, should be available this year for the 1 & 2 Star Grills.

muebe

Now I don't own a MAK but that is such a cool option!

Is it going to have software to graph cooks also?

MAK DADDY

Eventually :) Our plan is to release the main App then add pages for graphing, recipes, user program sharing etc.

You can already set up timers, probe alarms, user programs etc. with email or text notifications. All the meat probes can be labeled for what food your cooking as well as adjust all the normal Pellet Boss functions.

MAK DADDY

What about MAK 2 Stars <#319 ?

You will have to purchase a new Pellet Boss, the old controllers (up to 320) don't have the receptacle for the Chip or enough power to run it. When we get that far I will let you know the cost and a game plan to bring your MAK back to the future :)

RickB

Eventually :) Our plan is to release the main App then add pages for graphing, recipes, user program sharing etc.

You can already set up timers, probe alarms, user programs etc. with email or text notifications. All the meat probes can be labeled for what food your cooking as well as adjust all the normal Pellet Boss functions.

Lets hope the app will auto populate the graphs with times and temps. How cool would that be!

trickle20

Will new customers be able to choose which chip they want installed when the WiFi chip becomes available (either BT or WiFi)?

This is going to be awesome....

MAK DADDY

Will new customers be able to choose which chip they want installed when the WiFi chip becomes available (either BT or WiFi)?

This is going to be awesome....

It is an optional accessory so yes, you could buy either the Remote Boss (with Bluetooth) or the WiFi Chip for the Web App.

TentHunter

How about the 1 Stars? Which ones will require a new pellet boss for the WiFi chip?

This is exciting. I can see myself using that feature!

Last edited:

MAK DADDY

How about the 1 Stars? Which ones will require a new pellet boss for the WiFi chip?

This is exciting. I can see myself using that feature!

All the MAK 1 Star Generals have the new pellet Boss control so you would only need to buy the WiFi module.

Top Bottom