Pork butts 2 ways

FLBentRider

I had 2 pork butts, and these players
DSC_1425.jpg

Cajun on the Left, Mojo on the right
DSC_1421.jpg

Onto the 2 Star with Perfect Mix, programmed the pellet boss for 4 hours on "Smoke" then 215F
DSC_1422.jpg

I put them on about 2130 (9:30PM). The next afternoon:
DSC_1423.jpg

One was done (IT 195F) before the other, so into FTC it went. the other went a few more hours

Out of FTC:
DSC_1426.jpg

DSC_1430.jpg

Pulled
DSC_1428.jpg

DSC_1427.jpg

Plated with a corn muffin::
DSC_1429.jpg

Home made Cheese cake for dessert:
DSC_1431.jpg

The pork was excellent, the cajun has just a bit of heat, and the mojo brings some citrus to the party.

sparky

love the bark and the smoke ring. nicely done bent. could ya tell me more about the cheese cake. love the color. a recipe would be cool. ;)

FLBentRider

I got the recipe from Deb, if that tells you anything... The color was a birthday present for one of my DD's friends.
I'll post the recipe here in a few when I get it from MrsFLBentRider.

Chili Head

Nice work on those butts bud!! They look great. Theres so many things you can do with the leftovers too :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deb

Spark - cheesecake can be any color you want it to be, here is a green cheesecake in between two layers of red velvet cake (the idea worked better in my head than actual execution), same recipe that Randy is going to get (though I will see if I can find to copy & paste)

IMGP0008.jpg

RickB

4 hours at smoke and then 215? A bit different then most. How long did these cook? Im guessing 15 hrs? They look fantastic!

FLBentRider

I think the first one finished around 1300, I started them at 2130. The second was stubborn, it went about 2.5 more hours.

Top Bottom