This weeks Contest Tent Hunter is the Judge

CarterQ

Pork Sirloin Roast

Wife picked up a four pack of Pork Sirloin tips at Costco last week, I asked what do you do with those? She responded, I thought you could BBQ em. Ok never done one so here we go!

2 Lb Roast (extremely lean)
5236947359_b4dc23f49b_z.jpg

Rubbed down with Wee Willy's Porkie Pal and some Olive Oil and sent to the fridge for about 6 hours
5237540344_cb8c173d6a_z.jpg

Onto the Smoker @225 with BBQer's Delight Peach until an IT of 120 is hit
5236947597_41ee50b87d_z.jpg

Needed some sides so decided to go with Twice baked taters and BP's Smoked Broccoli
5236947759_9ef2cf07e6_z.jpg

5236947901_62b68781a1_z.jpg

Cranked the MAK up to 325 and put the Taters on the rack and Broccoli on the frogmat. Let both go for about 20 min.

5237540826_d2e774d4c4_z.jpg

Pork hit an IT of 160 and the rest was done as well

5237540958_a8e6e4e3d5_z.jpg

Tossed the Broccoli with a little Parmesan

5238613392_9ca104dcc1_z.jpg

Rested and Sliced the pork

5238609160_3605b05cd8_z.jpg

Ready to rock-

5238613196_950519cd69.jpg

Pork came out great, was very moist, lean, and had a ham flavor and texture to it. While the pork seemed healthy we blew that out of the water with the Taters!

Last edited:

TentHunter

This Weeks Grand Champ...

OK, You guys really knocked it out of the park this week.

I found it EXTREMELY difficult not commenting on these or other food posts until all entries were in. So, before I get to this weeks winner(s) here's a few comments I really wanted to share:

Deb, How many ways can you make pizza and make it so incredible? Would I like a slice with Ricotta, or without; a slice with crust or an inside slice? The answer is... Yes please! ;)

CarterQ, To take a pork roast that lean, smoke it to perfection and have it be that moist... you mastered that roast. I am truly impressed!

Silver Bullet, That Brisket has one of the most gorgeous smoke rings it has ever been my pleasure to see, and to top it with onions that way... That's my kind of cooking!

Now for the Second Place winner. It was very close between two entries. FLBentRider, when I scrolled down through your entry and saw the closeup pic of that perfect bark I almost fell out of my chair! I could have sliced off that bark and been happy for a month!

But one entry pulled ahead by a very slim margin, in fact as slim as a piece of Spaghetti.

NePas, when I read "Spaghetti Pizza" I expected spaghetti ON a pizza crust, what I got was spaghetti AS a pizza crust. How creative is that! Its Lasagna, its Pizza, its cooked on a pellet smoker for that wood fired oven pizzeria taste! Congrats you and your lovely wife win second place!

And that Leaves First place.

I recently saw a post on a sausage forum that read, "I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian!" To prepare a whole Mexican meal, from scratch, on your smoker with a vegetarian in mind... That took a lot of thought, planning and work. I now have a vision of myself crawling in that baking dish and wrapping myself in one of those Sour Cream Turkey Enchiladas and what a sweet vision it is!

Congrats txpgapro. You are this weeks Grand Champ!

CarterQ

Congrats guys, Ain't no shame in losing to those entries! Best thing about this contest is we get to do it again next week and eat the entry!

txpgapro

Wow! It's an honor to be chosen with a baked dish in the pellet cooker. There were many excellent dishes to choose from. And to think my concern for the vegetarian helped push me over the top is nice.

This week it's wide open. Buy I'll tell you a plain steak just won't cut it this week. Lots of closeup pics of whatever you do will be a great help in keeping my interest. And an added appetizer or DESSERT will really get you noticed. I'll review results on Monday morning and post results late afternoon. I'll be checking in from Jamaica this week. Good cooking to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TentHunter

...Best thing about this contest is we get to... eat the entry!

Oh believe me, I'd eat that pork roast any day that ends in "y"! :)

I don't envy TxPGApro at all; Judging this contest is hard. With so many good entries, how do you choose?

Entering this contest is where the fun is. I find myself, early in the week, thinking about what I'm going to do & cook for that weekend: What flavor profile, what am I going to cook with it, ingredients, cooking technique...

Talk about anticipation! And, just Like Carter says... I get to eat the entry!

Top Bottom