Traeger and GMG Owners Speak up..lets talk

Phrett Bender

I have a '59 Flot-A-Tone, does that kinda count? Only Fender amp in the barn is their Cyber-Twin, which I like quite a bit.

I have to agree with Silver on his reasons for liking the GMG grills, and to comment on their value for the dollar should not be out of line as a valid opinion if these forums are to be open and honest. I think that is part of the "experience" of owning a particular product. I didn't feel he was trying to sell a grill or push a product, which would be wrong IMO on an open forum. I know I mentioned GMG rebates in a previous post and didn't think I was pushing a product, just offering a personal opinion.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Everybody relax...I think that GMG are way better values than Traegers but I started on Traeger..

There is no smoking gun here.... I respectfully just ask that everyone be a little sensitive To the store.....and I apologize if my words were taken wrong.

Now to the important things You have me stumped Flot o tone? You have stumped me!

SilverBullet

Poppa
My last words
You have a thread titled "Looking for a comlpete smoker" In that thread you are doing exactly what I'm doing here. Speaking honestly about a product you sell & know alot about.
Yet when I talk honestly about my experience's with the 2 pits I own. I'm asked to....back down on sales........don't be so sensitive.......be a little sensitive to the store. Get my drift?. If indeed this forum is to be open & honest for all. We need to be able to do that. And not be discriminated against because we don't own a product from your store. You never know someday we may own one. If you continue doing what your doing your just going to chase a lot of good pellet smokers away. Word travels fast.
Lou

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
Lou I have no problem with anything...I apologized twice now..... once in private message and once here for any misunderstanding. The only Issue I had was promoting the rebates and extras they are offering... HTe please back off the sales pitch had nothing ZERO to do with you expressing opinions about your smoker..I know you have been on the site all day. Can we get back to talking about smokers? All smokers.

I never had an issue with your opinions regarding your grills I welcomed and still welcome the input and advice you have with both those brands. I have also said this twice now.

If you want to continue we can talk on the phone or go to private message.

TentHunter

If I'm out of line PLEASE feel free to disregard this post.

I don't even own a pellet grill (yet) HOWEVER, I have been as welcome here as anyone. Unlike some other forums, the POSITIVE atmosphere here is part of what keeps me coming back.

Lets hear some experiences and trick of the grills.....Come on dont be shy this is for you guys and gals too!

Hmmm... seems inviting to me.

Phrett Bender

Flot-A-Tone was an accordian amp made here in Milwaukee by La Douca Brothers. It is a super little amp that is now highly sought after by harp players.

I did a long cook on Friday of some butts and have the thermal blanket keeping the grill toasty warm. I used less pellets than I do during the summer months even though it was in the 20's through much of the cook. I'd highly recommend it, or the old welding blanket, to reduce pellet consumption in cooler weather. If it helps in the warmer weather I'll prolly leave it on all year. I do like the shiny SS lid, though.

HPIM2613.jpg

HPIM2138.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
Wow that is a beautiful grill with the stainless...You and scooter keep your stuff super clean....Is the blanket something they offer? it is nice.

Lo douca I used to sell those guys strings

Phrett thanks for the nice post

Deb

Phrett - I'm interested in that blanket. I bought a welding blanket but don't like it because the fibers were flying all over the place. I wonder if that will fit on my Traeger...

Corn n 'Q

Phrett, I also have a GMG DB and really like the looks of that blanket. I'm with Deb, can you provide the info on where to find one of those?

TentHunter

Wow! That is one classy looking grill!

A blanket like that would be great even for my modified offset! Tiernan makes a blanket that might fit some of these grills.

SilverBullet

Phrett, I also have a GMG DB and really like the looks of that blanket. I'm with Deb, can you provide the info on where to find one of those?
Covers are available from your GMG dealer. I had to order mine. Maybe now some dealers have them in stock. Or you can also order them from GMG direct. Mine for my Jim Bowie was about $81.00 taxes included. Its a very wise investment. Your pellet consumption will drop considerably.
GEDC0524.jpg

GEDC0243.jpg

Lou

Corn n 'Q

Excellent, great info Silver. There were none in stock at my local dealer recently. I'm sure they can hook me up with an order or I'll go direct. This will be a must as I head into the harsh winter months. Thanks again, I'll find one now.

SilverBullet

The dealers didn't start to get the NEW improved ones until the first of November. So some may not have extras on hand. Their seemed to be alot of pre orders for these.

Top Bottom