What's this new heat diffuser and flame zone?

RickB

First burn in I got to 500... and fast!!
Lets not get to cocky.. my old powder coat #626 ain't no slouch!

IMG_1908.jpg

jimsbarbecue

Old number 68

DSC00567-M.jpg

Early MAK Grills had no upper limit. that temp wasn't nice to the powder coat when you spilled stuff on the outside of it and forgot to clean it up. Honestly I never run our MAK Grills higher then 425 and usually no higher then 350.

So Cal Smoker

Thanks for the info Bob. You say there are some changes, will the retro still have the slots around the edges and eliminate the gap between the pan and the pit? If possible could you show us some pics of the new Zone.
Thanks Bob.

sparky

a local dealer told me he has the new heat diffuser and pans for sale now. are they really out? need to start saving up for one. i want one for #63 real bad. my son is coming over tonight to use Hazel to cook some fish, chicken and have some beers. i might just give him Hazel. he has more parties that i do now a days and cooks for more ppl. the gourmet is to big for just me and my wife. need to save for a stainless continental.

TimS

Is Flame Zone Kit incorporated on Brand New 1-Stars?

I'm about to pull the trigger on buying a MAK 1-Star and was wondering if the new flame zone diffuser & cover design will come standard or would I need to buy the retro-fit kit if I want the direct flame capability? The MAK website leads me to believe that a new 2-Star has the direct flame capability standard, but the 1-Star doesn't mention it. Bigpoppasmokers.com says:

"Retro" Quick Change Grease Pan kit is for PRE 2012 MAK 1 & 2 Star Grill owners (please select the appropriate type for your grill).

Leading me to think it may be standard on brand new 1-Star models.

TentHunter

Is Flame Zone Kit incorporated on Brand New 1-Stars?

Unfortunately no, it's an option, but well worth it, IMHO. I like keeping the blank drip pan for smoking & Indirect cooks and using the FlameZone for grilling, and wow does it make the griddle work even better!

Top Bottom