Wireless Grilling via the Remote Boss

MAK DADDY

So is it actually using "Bluetooth" or some other wireless technology? 300ft is the very outside edge of a Class1 bluetooth, most things, are class 2/3...

It would be very interesting if these controllers used Bluetooth vs. some other form of radio, that would be more akin to a cordless phone... like a 1.9 or 2.5 gHz type cordless radio. Details please!!

Yes, the Remote Boss sports a Class 1 Bluetooth chip!
Range and versatility is why we went this direction not cost & we are testing at 300+ft straight site.
Everything we create we strive to deliver the best results to the customer, now as far as all the other apps and stuff, all I can say is "it's on the list" :)
Thanks for the questions!
Bob

TTNuge

Got mine back in my hands today and am looking forward to putting it through it's paces this weekend.

KyNola

Received mine today but it had no instructions in the box. Seeing as I own MAK #27, I'm pretty confident mine is one of the "old" MAK's. :) Can someone post instructions for me please? It would be much appreciated. Cannot wait to see this boy in action! Thanks Bob for all your hard work on this great option.

jimsbarbecue

Yes, the Remote Boss sports a Class 1 Bluetooth chip!
Range and versatility is why we went this direction not cost & we are testing at 300+ft straight site.
Everything we create we strive to deliver the best results to the customer, now as far as all the other apps and stuff, all I can say is "it's on the list" :)
Thanks for the questions!
Bob

With all the ideas Bob has I wonder how he finds time to Q

TTNuge

MY remote has been working great this week Bob! 5+ hours early this week and some baby backs and it's been going for about 8 hours today with a couple butts. So nice to tweak temp settings and programs without having to go out in single digit temps.

MAK DADDY

Awesome Trent! Mine saved the Turkey on Friday night, forgot to add pellets before going to bed, woke up to the alarm on the Remote "Flame out". Not that I was happy getting up at 1AM but at least the turkey wasn't ruined!

KyNola

Hoping to get my remote online tomorrow. Between making bacon and onion marmalade, going to a great Bluegrass concert and honestly making turkey jerky, I've been a little busy this weekend. :)

bigchrisxxxl

Mak Daddy,

My new unit does not have this "stub antenna on the remote: as I have seen pictures of in post on the other forum. Did I get shipped an old unit by mistak?

MAK DADDY

Mak Daddy,

My new unit does not have this "stub antenna on the remote: as I have seen pictures of in post on the other forum. Did I get shipped an old unit by mistak?

No, the "old" units are actually the ones with the antenna's on them. We had to install them originally due to a BT module that was not as powerful.

You have the latest and greatest :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom