Wireless Grilling via the Remote Boss

bflodan

Ipad App

Not sure if there are any updates anywhere else, but just curious if there are any plans for an remote boss Ipad App??

Patrick_CT

This would be great if I could get it to work with my Ipad.. if only I could get it away from my 3 year old.... He may be playing a new game "poppa's grill" :)

squirtthecat

Android.. Android.. Android.. Android.. Android.. Android.. Android.. Android.. Android.. Android.. Android.. Android.. Android.. Android..

Patrick_CT

Funny Patrick!!! Same here! I think my 3 year old knows how to use ours better than us!!

My boy created folders the other day and moved all the icons into them, sorting by type of game.... I scratched my head for a while wondering what happened..." here.. I show you...." says the 3yo

I think no matter what we need the sending unit. and it will have to be for apple and android so I can control it on the phone when I can not get a the IPAD.

TentHunter

BlueTooth Module

This might seem like a dumb question, but I'll ask because someone else may be wondering as well.

Is the BlueTooth module, that gets installed on the Grill's control board, included when you order the Remote Boss?

Hobbit

Yes it is. When I got my Remote Boss, I plugged a small circuit card (included) into the main controller board on the MAK 2 star. Then route the antennae. Instructions were great, I took pictures that I posted on the site. (Assembling MAK 402).

smoker pete

Here's a couple shots of the installation:

Before: Notice the MAK Grills Pellet Boss socket at the top center of the circuit board. That's where the Bluetooth interface board will plug into.

BluetoothRB1.jpg

After: This photo shows the Bluetooth circuit board plugged into the socket. If you follow the cable from the circuit, you'll note the connector with the red cover. This connector will be installed in a pre-drilled hole and the antenna will connect to it.

BluetoothRB2.jpg

Here's a view of the finished product with the antenna connected.

BluetoothRB3.jpg

sparky

i would be so lazy if i had one of those. i like walking out to my go see my friends. talking to them (the grills). ya know, saying howdy. how ya'll doing. do need some pellets or what not. ya know, chit chat. plus w/ 3 grills, i would need three of them (well, two grills now). heh, Mak Daddy. will one remote control all 2 or 3 grills. next project partner. ;)

TTNuge

When the temp is below freezing, the snow is coming down like crazy and I'm sitting inside in shorts and a T-shirt sipping on a Fat Tire..... that's the time I say a quiet little Thank You to the MAK team for such a wonderful device!

BBQ Joe

Mak Daddy,

Do you offer a plug in to use instead of batteries? I know there was something in your video about it, but I am not very technically inclined and am looking for more info. I use my new remote alot and am going through quite a few batteries. Thanks.

Chili Head

BBQ Joe I'm using an old Motorola phone charger. I'm sure you can get one at any radio shack, Walmart ect..
Here's a picture of the plug end you need.
46e1b065-07df-381d.jpg

Top Bottom