1st shot at a Turkey

scooter

Axman, It's a natural product that doesn't always react the same way but yes, you should be done somewhere between 3.5 - 4.5 hours provided you're not stuffing your birds and you resist the urge to keep lifting the lid to have a look. :)
My first turkey was on a Lil Tex. Came out great! You'll love it.

Last edited:

Axman

Thanks for the replies. You guys a great!! I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving!!
P.s. sorry for hijacking your thread!!

scooter

HogSmoker, the brining process is supposed to add flavor and moisture inside the meat although there is divided opinion on its effectiveness. Consider injecting over brining. I've heard of folks injecting their brine. If you cook your bird to 160-165 in the breast it will be plenty juicy whether you brine or not.

Pappymn

HogSmoker, the brining process is supposed to add flavor and moisture inside the meat although there is divided opinion on its effectiveness. Consider injecting over brining. I've heard of folks injecting their brine. If you cook your bird to 160-165 in the breast it will be plenty juicy whether you brine or not.

Scooter is wise. I am brining and injecting butter and herbs. No poultry ever suffered from over moisture and flavor.

Top Bottom