Cold Smoking

tbone

Many years ago we had this Treager with a separate chamber for cold smoking. We did peaches, cheeses and pretty much anything we felt like smoking without the heat.

My Traeger today does not have this feature. I'm beginning to think I'm missing it and wonder if many (or any) of you are cold smoking. Any ideas how to achieve this with my existing smoker?

Thanks!!!

tbone

tbone

Thanks Boys! I think I'll order one tomorrow. And some grill grates. And.....say what kind of rub was that BP used at the Royal Comp? :D

Come on BP, show me some love. Or is that money? :)

tbone

Big Poppa

Administrator
money honey....there is a pack we sell of the rubs...use the jalapeno bacon one lightly as a base rub for money same with little louies with pepper....
use one r the other as a base

Amazen1

Big Poppa stocks my gadgets
Go for the Tube Smoker in your Traeger

Tip:
For cold smoking, I remove the grate, drip pan and heat deflector
Start the Tube Smoker and make sure it going good
Reinstall the grill grate and Smoke On!

By placing the Tube Smoke in the bottom of your smoking cabinet, the entire cabinet fills with smoke. This way, your food is guaranteed to be sitting in a cloud of smoke

If you place the smoker on the grate, at the same level as your food, the smoke will rise above the food and not necessarily fill the entire cabinet.

tbone

Okay - ordered one today. Along with a few other things to include the American Royal GC Pack. Looking forward to cold smoking some fresh salmon.

tbone

Top Bottom