Contest! pre Thanksgiving Contest! 11-18-11

SmokinSooner

Here goes (man, this was tough!)….

3rd Place: CarterQ's smoked meatball soup with beer bread. A nice hearty soup is a perfect way to prepare for colder temperatures.

2nd Place: Patric_CT's cordon bleu a la MAK, stuffed tomatoes, then breakfast the next morning. Those rolled up chicken breasts looked well worth the effort, and that throw-together morning casserole is a perfect way to end a hectic but fun family gathering.

1st Place: HogSmoker's chicken legs with baked beans, veggies and baked potatoes. That's a menu with something to appeal to each person's favorites.

Kudos to everyone who entered. The real winners are those who got the chance to eat the beautiful food pictured in this week's contest—any week's contest, for that matter.

Thanks everyone for entering and for making my initial judging a difficult one.

Patrick_CT

Thanks all.. it always nice to get a nod from all the really good cooks here! Congrats to HogSmoker and Carter!

Thanks Big Poppa!!

CarterQ

Thanks SmokinSooner and congrats to EVERYONE, another great week of interesting and solid cooks. Look forward to seeing what everyone does for Thanksgiving.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Let me you on an inside secret. Next weeks contest is a contest of the plated dinner.......that's right hog smoker gets to judge the finest meal. The stakes are going to double!

HogSmoker

WOW ! two honors in a row winning and to judge next week. Really it is a honor just to be in the group and a 1st place finish almost leaves me speechless. I have told lots of folks about BP Smokers and this website telling them they would be entertained just looking at all the fine art of cooking that people bring to the form.
So thanks BP for having a place like this so we can share.
And thanks SmokinSooner, Patrick & Carter as always with ya'll entries just fabulous.

SmokinSooner

WOW ! two honors in a row winning and to judge next week. Really it is a honor just to be in the group and a 1st place finish almost leaves me speechless. I have told lots of folks about BP Smokers and this website telling them they would be entertained just looking at all the fine art of cooking that people bring to the form.
So thanks BP for having a place like this so we can share.
And thanks SmokinSooner, Patrick & Carter as always with ya'll entries just fabulous.

I know exactly how you feel, HogSmoker.

thank me after judging! hahahah

This sentiment's right on, Big Poppa. Winning's great, but I dreaded all week knowing that the entries would be superb. I can't imagine what next week's offerings will be with it being Thanksgiving and everyone's sure to bring out the very best of their best. HogSmoker, I wish you good luck—you might need to keep some additional Tums around :D.

HogSmoker

I know exactly how you feel, HogSmoker.

This sentiment's right on, Big Poppa. Winning's great, but I dreaded all week knowing that the entries would be superb. I can't imagine what next week's offerings will be with it being Thanksgiving and everyone's sure to bring out the very best of their best. HogSmoker, I wish you good luck—you might need to keep some additional Tums around :D.
Yep SmokinSooner 2 bottles of Tums one for for the Arkansas vs LSU game and the other for judging .

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
thank me after judging! hahahah

Lol yep cause you know everybody bring their A cook / A game this week .. going to be a challenge just to judge.

Big Poppa

Administrator
The summer cooks where there are 15-20 entries get really tough...The smartest thing I did here was make it so I was never the judge!

Top Bottom