Contest! This week separate bonus for newbie!

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK here we go...sorry we didnt make the bonus round last week but how about this????

First prize $25.00 Big Poppa Smokers Store Credit
Second prize $15.00 Big Poppa Smokers Store Credit
Third Prize $10.00 Big Poppa Smokers Store Credit

Everybody else gets a $5 credit to Big Poppa Smokers

BUT A SEPARATE AWARD

For the best newbie entry there will be a $20 store credit to Big Poppa SMokers

they can not win both...

Cmon Lurkers and newbies join in and pick my pockets

bflodan

Just to let everyone know I'm taking my son on camping/fishing trip. I will be home Monday but it may be late afternoon or early evening that I'll get the judging in. Thanks and good luck!

Pappymn

But BP did get the order. Great communication from Kristen. Good service seems to becoming a scarce commodity.

fishingbouchman

Am I still new? Leaving for Amsterdam tomorrrrow am for work so no cooking for me:(. Just got money and happy ending and want to try it out.

jedafix

I'm happy to join in and pick your pockets -- any amount helps convince the wife that yes, yes we do need a MAK/Memphis smoker to replace my...suboptimal...brinkmann one. And no, the made-in-china traegers for sale at costco are not sufficient.

That said, as a newbie and a lurker I have no idea what you want in an entry -- all I know about this forum is that the bob marley guy shows up from time to time and apparently knows what he's talking about :)

Chili Head

Friday night supper.

Last night before work I made a simple shrimp and sausage dish with brown rice and a salad.

b0901b02.jpg

I cooked some of the shrimp in butter and old bay seasoning and some with mikes hot honey and soileaus seasoning. sweet and spicy! I love it! The sausages were like Italian brats and made locally and I sliced them up when they were done.

e86e7237.jpg

I had the MAK running at 300 for this burning maple,hickory and cherry pellets.

3c35d9bc.jpg

10e45f3e.jpg

The finished plate with sriracha hot sauce drizzled on. Deeelicious!!

16bb5427.jpg

Light and simple. It turned out great!
I really liked the mikes hot honey on the shrimp! Sweet with a touch of heat. And with the Italian sausage, rice and sriracha hot sauce the meal had an Asian feel to it with a touch of Cajun.
The shrimp and sausage was backed up with a spinach salad.
Awesome!

Last edited:

TentHunter

Last edited:

RickB

Waiting on my new Mak2. Not able to play this week

Give's you time to write down all those cool cook's going through your head. Everytime I see,taste,hear or think of something that might work on the mak I write it down, at any given time i'll have 3 or 4 ideas on the list...if one still sounds good come friday it just might get cooked.

Last edited:

RickB

Nice to be back. Been on vacation with some friends and ate our way around the Big Easy.
Ate at Emeriles NOLA and had some great BBQ shrimp. So I decided to do the MAK way! Here we go.

The players
IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

Yea Its’ a little complicated .Let’s Get the sauce going

IMG_0328.jpg

Onions,garlic,shrimp shells and all the good stuff..you saw it! Looking good

IMG_0329.jpg

Lets get the shrimp and sausage going.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

My Honey only want’s Shrimp and Rice

BBQ shrimp and Veggie rice

IMG_0353.jpg

But here’s the good stuff. BBQ Shrimp with Andouie. Money Shot

IMG_0349.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

TentHunter

Sweet & Spicy Applewood Dill Salmon

Tonight's supper was simple, but really delicious. The Mrs. has been wanting some salmon so she went and picked some up at the market.

Our favorite way of making it is with a Sweet & Spicy Brown Sugar Dill rub: Brown Sugar, lots of dill, some red pepper flakes & a little salt & black pepper. Onto the MAK in smoke mode.
SSDS01.JPG

Look at all that applewood smoke!
SSDS02.JPG

Add a pot of homemade Mac-N-Cheese & kick the temp up to 300°
SSDS03.JPG

Wow, can you smell the smokey goodness?
SSDS04.JPG

What better to go with the salmon than a nice big helping of smokey Mac-N-Cheese?
SSDS05.JPG

Thanks!

Wing Commander

Blueberry Chicken and cupcakes

Cmon Lurkers and newbies join in and pick my pockets

Alright, here's my first post in this contest! :)

Today I prepared 6 chicken thighs: I took out the bones, rubbed them slightly and put them on the CS-450 at 230F. Meanwhile I made a sauce of blueberries, cola, ketchup, honey, chili and black pepper. After about 2 hours the thighs were glaced with this sauce and served 25 minutes later with bell peppers, potatoes and the rest of the blueberry sauce.

DSC04324.JPG

DSC04326.JPG

DSC04332.JPG

DSC04336.JPG

DSC04338.JPG

With the remaining blueberries I made some cupcakes for dessert, as well grilled on the CS-450 at about 360F for 25 minutes.

DSC04339.JPG

DSC04340.JPG

DSC04344.JPG

DSC04347.JPG

Top Bottom