Fathers Day Contest! New tricks up my sleeve! Everybody wins

Deb

I was going to post first thing this morning but I didn't get home from an early morning appt as soon as I expected. I will post the results at lunchtime , sorry guys

Deb

sorry for the delay everyone! Wow, another awesome week of cooks, I'd like one of everything please...... (or maybe two)

I'll get right to it.......

3rd place - ACW3 --- Art says...... "For FD I had to come up with my own menu." and we all know that was a hardship, :rolleyes: Tacos Al Carbone, homemade guac & homemade icecream with chocolate merlot sauce -- it's lunchtime and I could easily be a member of the clean plate club with all of that.
Question- do you add anything to the creamer for the icecream??

2nd place - Susan - Cornish Game hens with Quinoa stuffed peppers. That raspberry chipolte sauce looks killer. " The bird was moist and tender with a delightfully light aroma and taste of smoke. The stuffed peppers were fabulous with a bit of crunch from the Quinoa and a smoky flavor that permeated all threw the stuffing." then you write "There are some left overs….. " it had me seriously thinking about jumping in the car......

1st place - Smoker Pete with his Apple Smoked 14 lb Spatchcock Turkey what can I say, that bird is beautiful, it had me thinking about running to the store to buy a turkey. And then there were leftovers :) topped with smoked cheese. I rarely do whole turkeys in the summer but I think it I will need to do one soon. I don't usually use apple but will be trying it soon.

Great job everyone!!

TentHunter

All three were great entries; well done!

Susan, I love blackberry sauce on game hens and now your Raspberry Chipotle sauce is on my to do list!

Thanks Deb & BP!

Rip

Great cooks! Congrats to Pete, Susan, and Art! Thanks Deb and BP! Btw, love the new contest section, it makes the previous threads much more accessible....thanks Carter!

ACW3

Deb,
In answer to your question about using a creamer for ice cream, it depends. At Christmas I take a vanilla creamer and add broken bits of candy cane. In addition to adding a peppermint taste, it colors the ice cream with a red/pink color. I have taken a choclate creamer and added chopped up bits of chocolate. Other times I will find a creamer that has several flavors already mixed, like chocolate and caramel. There are really two problems in using the creamer. It is really RICH and tends to be like a soft serve ice cream. It melts rapidly. My advice, eat fast and enjoy.

Art

smoker pete

Congratulations to all the entries and fellow winners this week. I feel very humble right now! Hope to carry on the great tradition of judging ...

ACW3

I would be remiss if I didn't send out a BIG THANK YOU to BP for sponsoring the weekly contests. Even though I don't compete all the time, I look forward to seeing what everyone else is cooking. My wife thinks I spend too much time on the computer, but I just tell her I am working on my hobby. She doesn't buy it all the time, however. Some really great cooks and ideas come out of these contests. I keep adding them to my cooking bucket list. Thanks BP and everyone who participates.

Art

Big Poppa

Administrator
No problem lets keep them going I like that Carter and Rip and Cliff did some tweaking...are they tweakers? It is nice to have a section for the contests now

Top Bottom