Hey This weeks contest Deb is the judge...Come on and enter

squirtthecat

Awesome! The turkey was decimated, bagged up, and sent home with our dinner guests. I'm not sure if my goofy brine was worth the effort or not - I might do another 'freebie' bird right out of the bag and see how it turns out.

That pulled brisket was indeed 'money'... Had some more last night for dinner. It's very nontraditional, in that I cook it in a braise until it falls apart. I can share the braise recipe if anyone likes. It sounds bizarre (and looks worse when you start), but comes out like liquid gold.

Awesome cooks, everyone! I wish I had some of your plating skills...

Big Poppa

Administrator
I cook briskets in a cast iron pan (for home consumption not comp)...if I catch it just right they are perfect...if I overshoot they are like beautiful pot roast...either way juicy

Deb

I need to try brisket on the Traeger again..... I have only done it once and it was a tiny local brisket.... it wasn't perfect or a beautiful pot roast :( edible but not what it should have been......

squirtthecat

For what it's worth, I cooked until the point literally fell off, then yanked it and tossed away. (tried burnt ends once - didn't work for me)

So the flat was basted with both the braise, and the fat that rendered out of the point.

scooter

For what it's worth, I cooked until the point literally fell off, then yanked it and tossed away. (tried burnt ends once - didn't work for me)

STC, that's like saying I cooked my turkey until the dark meat fell off then tossed it!! :)

If at first you fail, try, try again!! Burnt ends are half the reason I cook brisket.

Last edited:

TTNuge

STC, that's like saying I cooked my turkey until the dark meat fell off then tossed it!! :)

If at first you fail, try, try again!! Burnt ends are half the reason I cook brisket.

Cooked a brisket this weekend and the wife is wondering if I can cut up the few pieces that are left and make more burnt ends out of them. She said she didn't want to hurt my feelings but if it was up to her I could cut the entire brisket up and make burnt ends out of the whole thing. Sounded kind of good to me!

TentHunter

Squirt, don't listen to them... if you wanna toss out the point, you toss it...

Just toss it in my direction! I'll happily eat it, he he ;)

Top Bottom