i got a mak 2 star

harvey

got it from midgleys after work yesterday evening
ill try a turkey today.
i thought id try it on smoke setting for an hour then cook

i will try a cold smoked salmon fillet tomorrow.

HogSmoker

got it from midgleys after work yesterday evening
ill try a turkey today.
i thought id try it on smoke setting for an hour then cook

i will try a cold smoked salmon fillet tomorrow.

Congrats Harvey you will love the MAK. I think its even better than the best thing since sliced bread ! :)

sparky

welcome to the fam partner. what serial number did ya get? get yourself some bigger pants now. its easier to make the transition. from size 36 to 40. its happens to all of us. its ok. :cool:

harvey

serial 497
it was the only one they had and pre assembled ... i think they got something wrong
as im facing the front of the grill which way should the pan i see below the grates slope.
it slopes to the left on mine which i think is wrong? as any drippings wont get to the bucket on the right side?

sparky

serial 497 i think they got something wrong
as im facing the front of the grill which way should the pan i see below the grates slope.
it slopes to the left on mine which i think is wrong? as any drippings wont get to the bucket on the right side?

turn it around the other way. the drip pan has a little lip on the right that hangs on your drain edge thinging. the drip pan edges (front & back) are shorter on the left and taller to the right.

aftervacationpicks032.jpg

see.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Harvey...No worries like spark said just flip it around...make suer the deflector plate is seated below. Start cookin!

harvey

yea its definatly backwards then. ill look at it tomorrow before i start the salmon.
the turkey came out good, i wouldve preferred more smoke but wanted it done for dinner so didnt run it long enough at smoke temp

Top Bottom