I need some Ahi Tuna help please! :)

Big Poppa

Administrator
here is some more with with a citrus olive oil and fresh citrus marinade and then seared and then finished with hot squueze
the last pic is sparky enjoying it at a comp...still think he is cute? if so you will think Im brad pitt!
P1000424.jpg

P1010060-1.jpg

P1010061-1.jpg

P1010063-1.jpg

cowgirl

Oh Wow! That looks excellent BP!! I can see that I need to get more ahi so I can try your last recipe too.
I used Desert Gold on the tuna tonight and absolutely loved it! Hope to post pics tomorrow...
lol Great pic of Sparky! lol....yes he looks cute. Brad Pitt couldn't hold a candle to you BP. :D
Thanks again! :)

jimsbarbecue

You will not ruin it. My wife likes her's cooked a little more. It ends up looking and having the texture or a Medium rare Beef steak. Not as tasty as the Boys above recipes. But still very good. I will agree that the quick sear is the method. I use a grill grate upside down or a cast iron pan. A charcoal fire is good, the Hasty Bake with the ability to raise the coal I can only imagine is better.I bet folding money you make it something special!

cowgirl

Thanks BP and Jim!
I loved the ahi... Thanks to everyone for your help! I didn't have a clue as to how to prepare this.

I drizzled the tuna with olive oil and let it chill overnight as Scooter suggested...
sprinkled with BP's Desert Gold. Then seared with high heat on the Hasty Bake.

d01b7436-1.jpg

72222e28-1.jpg

0779abdd-1.jpg

230b7600-1.jpg

I followed Scooter's suggestion about using the onion dressing and cilantro... Thank you Scooter, I loved it!!

0372ca09-1.jpg

Then I followed Tbone's recipe by wrapping the ahi in lettuce, topping with slaw and drizzling with his orange juice/ginger/garlic/soy sauce...

65895edb-1.jpg

f9001c6d-1.jpg

75fdf49d-1.jpg

It was killer Tbone!! I am hooked. lol Thanks so much for the help friends!

I hope to be able to find ahi again at my grocery store so I can try BP's recipe too.
This was quite a treat for me. :)

Rip

Great shot Sparky! BP looks like the Captain on the bridge, getting ready to bark some orders!

Wow! Those look fantastic. I am going to have to try both of those recipes! That is what is great about this site. You send out a message for ideas, and your first attempt comes out great! Great cook!

bflodan

Looks great Jeanie!! Thats one of the first meals that I made for my wife before we where married.... Have never done it over charcoal but I will be soon!!!

cowgirl

That's fantastic, Cowgirl!

You really know how to present a great plate of food.

tbone

Thank you Tbone, I hope I did your recipe justice! I loved the sauce and the crunch of the slaw. Your recipe is a keeper. :)

that looks great Jeanie
Thanks Deb! I'm hooked on ahi now. lol

Wow! Those look fantastic. I am going to have to try both of those recipes! That is what is great about this site. You send out a message for ideas, and your first attempt comes out great! Great cook!

Thank you NorCal! I agree... when I found the tuna steaks I knew to come here for advice. The people here are the best!!

Looks great Jeanie!! Thats one of the first meals that I made for my wife before we where married.... Have never done it over charcoal but I will be soon!!!
Dan, Thank you!!

Top Bottom