Money Prime Rib

CarterQ

Wife accused me of being a "freezer hoarder" this weekend and said that we need to start using what we have on hand. So I dove into the old icebox and saw we had a nice chunk of beef left over from the holidays, so here we go:

Seasoned it up with Money

35f61f88.jpg

Onto the MAK for an hour on high and then down to 275 until an IT of 135 is hit, the pellet boss handled everything.

a9c528eb.jpg

I love my MAK while the pellet boss is taking care of business I can enjoy hanging out in the yard enjoying a nice spring day with a homemade brew..........

9aa487ae.jpg

Meats all done and ready to head inside for a little rest.

5096d7f6.jpg

Found some of these in the freezer as well so I tossed one on the MAK for myself to cook while the meat rests.

773c41ab.jpg

Dinner is served, prime rib, baked tater, salad, and a nice crab leg (we need bigger plates!)

bac4cf0d.jpg

e047c414.jpg

This came out great, so far Money has not disappointed, it is wonderful on beef!

TentHunter

The whole meal looks great!

Homemade brew? Please tell more.

Wife accused me of being a "freezer hoarder" this weekend and said that we need to start using what we have on hand.

HA HA HA HA!!!!

My wife just told me the same thing and pulled out a prime rib roast to cook for my Mom & Brother's combined B'day party tomorrow!

CarterQ

Homemade brew? Please tell more.

Started home brewing a couple of months ago, been something I have been interested in doing for quite awhile now. My wife got me a nice starter kit for my bday. This was my first batch, an amber ale. Right now I have a Fat Tire clone and a Hefenweizen fermenting and those will be ready in a few weeks. So far I am having a blast and you can't beat fresh beer!

Last edited:

Rip

That's great Tom! I did home brewing for years, stopped several years ago and finally sold all my equipment to a buddy (carboys, kegs, co2 tanks, and gadgets galore! Oh yeah and about ten cases of bottles). It was great fun (and like this hobby, led to bigger pants) but I just ran out of time to spend on it.

Salmonsmoker

Nice eats Carter! As for your new hobby, it will become an obsession just like the one you have now with your pellet smoker. Trust me. :)

CarterQ

Nice eats Carter! As for your new hobby, it will become an obsession just like the one you have now with your pellet smoker. Trust me. :)

Oh yeah it already has! So far i've converted a freezer into a fermenting / lagering / conditioning chamber, acquired kegs, carboys, kegerator etc.... Wife may regret letting that genie out of the bottle!

Last edited:
Top Bottom