My first cook on my new MAK

scott6049

I Spatchcocked two chickens, Rub them down with garlic Olive Oil. I seasoned one with Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Chicken Rub and the other with BPS Desert Gold & BPS Sweet Money.
IMG_0720_zpsd8b953fc.jpg

IMG_0719_zpsa98575cf.jpg

Onto to the MAK at 300 F until the IT reached 100 F. I then set to smoke for 45 mins. and then to 325 F until IT reached 170 F.
IMG_0722_zps909849be.jpg

IMG_0724_zpseb1dd0e5.jpg

Some Baked beans
IMG_0726_zpse9ff2459.jpg

Let rest for 15 mins.
IMG_0725_zpsaab2c352.jpg

Chicken,Baked Beans and Potato Salad
IMG_0729_zps87a0b23f.jpg

It was actually my second cook, my first cook was a steak and jumbo shrimp...sorry no pics.The Chicken was really moist and juicy and tasted fantastic.

Big Poppa

Administrator
nice the smoke in the middle may be a little different maybe start the cook with it for about 20 minutes then keep ramping up..but if you love it that is fabulous! Also the sweet money and the desert gold are so different how did the taste blended? beautiful color!

scott6049

Yea pappymn my next chicken I am taking off at 165. Big Poppa my next cook I am starting with smoke and then ramping up the temp like u said. I was following instructions from the MAK cookbook. Sweet money and desert gold wasn't bad, but I am learning. Thanks for all ur advise I need it.

Big Poppa

Administrator
yeah the sweet money is more of a bbq standard and the desert gold is kind of a citrus mediteranean deal They arent supposed to work together but the great thing about the mak is that it cooks so good you can get away with a lot!

Top Bottom