• If you are a registered member of the PelletSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

My name is George and I want to smoke food!

Shop Big Poppa Smokers

Flingarrows

Hello all,

I am new to pellet smoking. I have owned a budget propane smoker and and looking to move into the next level.

We bought a Pit Boss, had the igniter go out the second time use, as well as other issues over the past 3 weeks. I returned it and am now embarking on my search to find a reliable unit that will fit in my budget.

I am pretty good at searching 1st and then asking question, but I am sure I will have a stupid Q or two along the way.

If y'all are aware of a particularly good thread to read, I am all ears!

mcschlotz

Welcome fellow Hoosier! There are a number of options but like most things you get what you pay for. Personally I subscribe to the buy-once-cry-once scenario. The other path gets you into re-purchasing one or more times down the road and in the end you end up spending more money. Good luck, and hope you can settle in on a reliable unit that will not only meet your current needs but those that will pop up in the future.

sschorr

Welcome from SoCal. There are a number of threads in the "Lounge" section on this forum. Here is one, but if you just poke around, there have been a number of posts in that section asking similar questions on which to get.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pellet-smoking-com-lounge-9/choices-choices-8916/

Personally, I have owned a Camp Chef DLX ( the pre-Woodwind line). I "upgraded" to a MAK 2 Star and have never looked back. One of those "I wish I knew what I know now.." kind of learning curves in understanding the differences in the cooking experience and my desires and expectations for my pellet cooker.
[/FONT]

Flingarrows

Welcome fellow Hoosier! There are a number of options but like most things you get what you pay for. Personally I subscribe to the buy-once-cry-once scenario. The other path gets you into re-purchasing one or more times down the road and in the end you end up spending more money. Good luck, and hope you can settle in on a reliable unit that will not only meet your current needs but those that will pop up in the future.
Thanks mcschlotz - I am leaning that way

It just depends on what you want to do with your grill. If grilling is a priority, then you can’t beat a MAK with the flame zone. Yoders have a section of their grill for grilling as well & they Just added a new controller too. Im partial to the quality of my MAK. It’s built well & smokes & grills great. The company is a class act as well!!

Top Bottom