My name is George and I want to smoke food!

Flingarrows

Hello all,

I am new to pellet smoking. I have owned a budget propane smoker and and looking to move into the next level.

We bought a Pit Boss, had the igniter go out the second time use, as well as other issues over the past 3 weeks. I returned it and am now embarking on my search to find a reliable unit that will fit in my budget.

I am pretty good at searching 1st and then asking question, but I am sure I will have a stupid Q or two along the way.

If y'all are aware of a particularly good thread to read, I am all ears!

mcschlotz

Welcome fellow Hoosier! There are a number of options but like most things you get what you pay for. Personally I subscribe to the buy-once-cry-once scenario. The other path gets you into re-purchasing one or more times down the road and in the end you end up spending more money. Good luck, and hope you can settle in on a reliable unit that will not only meet your current needs but those that will pop up in the future.

sschorr

Welcome from SoCal. There are a number of threads in the "Lounge" section on this forum. Here is one, but if you just poke around, there have been a number of posts in that section asking similar questions on which to get.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pellet-smoking-com-lounge-9/choices-choices-8916/

Personally, I have owned a Camp Chef DLX ( the pre-Woodwind line). I "upgraded" to a MAK 2 Star and have never looked back. One of those "I wish I knew what I know now.." kind of learning curves in understanding the differences in the cooking experience and my desires and expectations for my pellet cooker.
[/FONT]

Flingarrows

Welcome fellow Hoosier! There are a number of options but like most things you get what you pay for. Personally I subscribe to the buy-once-cry-once scenario. The other path gets you into re-purchasing one or more times down the road and in the end you end up spending more money. Good luck, and hope you can settle in on a reliable unit that will not only meet your current needs but those that will pop up in the future.
Thanks mcschlotz - I am leaning that way

It just depends on what you want to do with your grill. If grilling is a priority, then you can’t beat a MAK with the flame zone. Yoders have a section of their grill for grilling as well & they Just added a new controller too. Im partial to the quality of my MAK. It’s built well & smokes & grills great. The company is a class act as well!!

Top Bottom