Please Don't murder me

rwalters

I think that any one of them that I buy will make sense for me. Maybe the Mak makes more sense, I am not a very patient person, and if I have to screw around with it to get it to work better, I will end up getting rid of it.

Big Poppa? Do you have any holiday specials going on with a second shelf? I saw the package, but I don't need the rubs and koozies and such.

Soooo, whatcha gonna do?

bubbatdog

What was once a easy decision has turned difficult. i wasn't even considering the Mak until I got on here because of size. I am very OCD and this is killing me.

rwalters

Has anybody tested how hot you can get the grill grates on one of the Mak 1's

Not sure how hot, but I can tell you that my Mak 1 gets plenty hot for normal grilling, and that's with the indirect plate in place. The Mak is never ever going to give you a screaming hot charcoal grill type sear. But for regular grilling, I have been very pleased.

What type of cooking do you find yourself doing most often?

bubbatdog

Mostly grilling for just my family of four, chicken breast, burgers , steaks , chops. 5 to 6 times a year for 10 plus people

I smoke 6 to 8 times a year. Grill weekly

bubbatdog

In looking at pellet consumption tests. It looks like the Mak 2 performs below average. Is that similar to the 1 star?

Meat Man

I don't know if that's true or not. MAK redesigned the Two Star a couple of years ago, SS cook chamber. The consumption test might have been done on the previous model. At any rate enjoy the hunt, all smokers have strengths and weaknesses. Read the reviews, talk with friends that have a pellet grills, what ever your choice you'll make the right one for you.

Tomsmccann

I understand how frustrating it can be when you think you have your decision made. None of us can make the decision for you, and you are probably overloaded with data. The way I made my decision to ultimately buy a MAK instead of a Yoder came to me after seeing all of the praise MAKs get from their owners, and a lot of the issues Yoder owners often discuss; the finish peeling and rusting, wheels breaking, controller having issues, burning a TON of pellets to make it hot due to the thickness of the metal, and having to clean the fire pot all too often.

Tomsmccann

I guess it was the size, and the price mainly. Are the probes included? How do you use the programmable settings?

As well as being able to pay over 6 months with the Yoder

I also assume I would need the retro fit to make it grill good. That's another $250. So about $500 more all together for a smaller smoker.

I like the looks of them, and the reviews, but I would really be blowing my budget on that one.

It includes 1 probe (there's room for 3), and I use the programmable setting on almost every cook. It was nice knowing the other weekend that I could cook a pork butt until it hits 200 and it will go back to the smoke setting once the probe reaches the set temp in the pork butt. The Yoder controller won't do that.

mcschlotz

Well, a number of us have gone through the analysis to paralysis cycle on choosing a smoker/grill etc... me included :D At the end of the day it came down to having a unit that consistently performs without having to be babysit. The MAK hits the mark and then continually impresses me every time I use it, regardless of conditions. I could not be more pleased. Put an end to the madness and get the MAK.

Life is too short, let the MAK do it's thing while you enjoy the beer and the constant reminder of having made the best decision. :D

Matt

rwalters

Mak was purchased today. Can't wait to get it

A Mak?? Why on earth would ya buy a Mak??
c020681cb1059d296ffaee2dd7b530a5.jpg

Ducaticraig

Won't the Yoder grill? i thought there was an insert for it also
The Yoder is a great grill that you can smoke/grill indirect or direct over the Firebox especially with Grillgrates. They just came out with a new heat diffuser where you can take out a door/plate over the Firebox to grill, sear, and clean out the Firebox easily. Yoder is an exceptional pellet grill but so is the Mak 1 star. While I love the Yoder the pellet boss computer on the Mak is either one of the best or is the best on the industry.

Really can't go wrong with either. Both are made in the USA and BOTH have exceptional customer service.

Both grills are made well. The Yoder is heavy and built like a tank, very solid. To me the Mak is built well but it's weight is on the lighter side comparatively speaking.

Both companies stand behind their product and quickly respond to calls or emails.

I did not read all the posts here so if you purchased a grill already congratulations. If not there are great pellet grills to pick from and Yoder and Mak are two of the best in my mind.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ducaticraig

If you can see the picture this is the new heat diffuser. It's a two piece where you can cook low and slow and when ready pop out the square plate and grill and sear right over the firebox.

0c54d95c8dd753ebfba9118ec8913903.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom