• If you are a registered member of the PelletSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Pros share their favorite cuts

TentHunter

I've heard of some of those steak cuts and some I haven't. That was an interesting read.

A steak cut I learn about just a few months ago are called a "Butcher's" or "Hanger" steak. My butcher said he'll save me a couple.

The second article... I question some of their choices. Bacon is overrated? That's sacrilege! ;) lol

scooter

I know right? Everyone has an opinion! :)

You can get your hands on hanger steaks at any Mexican market although I don't know if there are many Mexican markets in NE Ohio. :)
Here in CA there are no shortage of Mexican markets. My fav is Mi Pueblo. It's a large market maybe 70K plus square feet. HUGE meat counter (hanger steaks stacked a foot tall), fresh fish, fresh produce, fresh made salsas, fresh made corn and flour tortillas (you can buy them hot) and a large restaurant area with prepared foods.

Hawk Lax

Hanger if done rare can have a taste close to liver. Not a liver fan myself always go medium rare at least on hanger.

Top Bottom