Reverse pasta dinner

Kevin Arsenault

Hello, everyone!

Some of you may recall my last attempt at a reverse pasta dinner. This time, though, I have made a few changes to the recipe that I hope you'll appreciate.

I started off with 5 lbs of ground beef, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, milk, eggs, and breadcrumbs. I mixed these ingredients by hand in a bowl. I packed about half of the mixture along the sides of a large, round metal bowl to shape the base of the meatball. In the meantime, I had 1 lb of gemelli cooking in a pot of boiling water. Afterwards, the gemelli was mixed with green peppers, pasta sauce, and diced mozzarella. This mixture as well as a nice coating of parmesan was then added to the container of meat.

21.jpg

31.jpg

I then placed a flat layer of meat over the bowl.

41.jpg

After doing that, I flipped the bowl over onto a pan and placed the meatball into the smoker.

61.jpg

I then gave the meatball a coating which consisted of pasta sauce and mozzarella before taking the meatball out of the smoker.

72.jpg

Enjoy.

FinishedMonsterMeatballDome.jpg

sparky

kev man. thats out there buddy. thats one bigga meatball. how did it taste? i've never seen this before. really cool idea partner.

Kevin Arsenault

@Sparky
The meat turned out well but it needed way less crushed red pepper. The recipe I used was
1 lb ground beef
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Of course, everything was multiplied by 5.
Also, when you are packing the meat along the inside of a bowl to form the dome top you should take care to make sure it is roughly even as it will try and cook unevenly.

Thank you Squirt and Q.

Deb

I love it, it used to be that Kevin would go out and play and I would be home cooking dinner..... yesterday I got to go play with my friends and I came home to this meatball in progress....

Top Bottom